My Initial Impression of the Ukulele Community

DrShoggoth

Reaction score
Ever since I got my uku, and a little before that I had been lurking the ukulele community a bit, especially on youtube and a couple forums, and just wanted to say, I've found it to be filled with interesting, creative, and overwhelmingly helpful people. Every ukulele insturctional video has been very friendly and informative and useful, and it's really just been a fantastic experience learning ukulele, and thanks to the community and copious free time I've advanced a lot farther in 3 little weeks than i probably would have otherwise in a couple months.

Welcome to the community and glad your feeling the spirit of the uke

I have had a similar experience. I went into the hospital back in January for a week and when I came out I was unable to walk so I spent a lot of time on the web and found the UU. I started asking questions and looking at the various manufacturer's sites and trying to decide on my first uke. When I had finally decided I had to wait until I was able to walk with a cane to finally make a trip out to get it but it's been a fun ride and continues to be so. Now that I can play it a little bit I will have to make the effort to get out to some uke meetings to learn more and to share what I know. I also notice that, due to UAS, you just can't own only one uke. I bought my second one only a week after the first and already have my eye on a U-Bass! Kudos to the community!

Welcome to the UU. A'int it fun?

Welcome to the madness.

FYI Uku in Hawaiiian means head lice.

Welcome - from another relatively new ukulele player.

We seem nice at first but soon you'll realize we're jerks.

We seem nice at first but soon you'll realize we're jerks.

It's not April Fool's Day yet. Don't scare him/her.

Welcome.

Just wanted to post and say that I share the view of DrShoggoth. I tend to go through phases with the uke. I mean, I'll always be playing with it, but every now and again i'll start again with a real interest and passion to learn something new.

I've been playing almost three years, and been on here over a year, but hardly posted. I'm subscribed to a load of your youtube channels, and enjoy everybody's videos.
I really ought to upload some of my own.
I may at some point, but they'll probably just be sound recordings with slideshows or something, as I find the less work means I'm more likely to finish the projects, and ultimately post more.

Top Bottom