Very early Spring, 1st on the deck session!

koa

Reaction score
Bayview Township, Bayfield County, WI USA
Historic 1st this March. No measurable snowfall and this is the earliest I've been able to play outdoors. It's 74*F right now. Most of what ice formed this season on Lake Superior disappeared before the official start of Spring. RH for this time of year is above normal (+40%). Nice day for a session on the deck! Gold Finches, Blackcaped Chickadees and couple chipmunks for an audience.

The balance of life. Nice to play outside, but the risk of forest fires. Major forest fire risk. Not only no snowfall, but just a trace of rain. Very unusual for Spring up here. Not much greening up yet, breeze, sunny.

Anyone else experiencing real unusual weather?

P1140091BayviewIce.jpg
Mid March morning. The last day of ice at Bayview Beach. Maybe uke on the beach in mid April instead of shoveling the last season snowfall?

My band (Atlanta GA) had its first front porch practice this week. For Dixie, it's been a long cold winter. Half the neighborhood showed up to listen, including the canine contingent. Take that as you will.

Half the neighborhood showed up to listen, including the canine contingent. Take that as you will.

I take it a a compliment.

Weird weather here too. I was in my bare feet outside today. It's only March! I keep holding my breath.

Last week in San francisco we had close to record high temps. This evening we had rain ahead of some very cold air. Morning temps for Thursday are expected to be in the low 40s Farenheit. This wintry weather system is headed east. Enjoy the warm weather, but don't pack away the winter clothes just yet.

I'm a little South of you, but not much, Columbus, OH. It is 80 right now, it should be fifty and raining. I have been able to play outside the past two days and I'm loving it. If only I could get better.....

Top Bottom