If you're debating on what mic to get: My Blue Snowball Review

RyRod

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SlO4FLv6tc

I know most of you guys know about, or even have, the Snowball by Blue Microphones. This, however, is for the people like me, who wanted something more than the crappy built in microphones that pick up all the fan noises. I didn't want a mic that would need other connections and equipment. So after doing research here at UU, and on youtube, I decided to look for the snowball. I found it at Guitar Center for $99, but then luckily I found one being sold by an Amazon seller for $69. I must say that I'm very happy about my purchase. If your just getting started and don't want to spend a lot of money, I suggest the snowball by Blue.

blue2m.jpg

blue4w.jpg

blue1de.jpg

blue3s.jpg

Yours came in a cooler box than mine. Snowball is an amazing microphone, its like 3 in one. A lot of ppl have it here and its for a reason.

would be nice but I just changed my fans and they all sound like jet engines - if a mic couldn't pick that up it wouldn't pick up my uke.

So now I record to a Zoom H4n and the computer is in the other room.

would be nice but I just changed my fans and they all sound like jet engines - if a mic couldn't pick that up it wouldn't pick up my uke.

So now I record to a Zoom H4n and the computer is in the other room.

For computer noise, you can also think about getting cable extensions, a simple solution but one that may not have been thought of, I have 2x 10meter usb extensions, once thats linked to my normal usb cabling I can record in the garden or away in the house without having to move my base computer.

Count me in as a Zoom H2 fan. I love it. Everything sounds natural and sweet. In addition to being a great self-contained portable device it can also function as a USB audio interface into your computer. But I wouldn't turn down a Snowball either.

my brother just got the newest blue yeti and it is awesome!

Count me in as a Zoom H2 fan. I love it. Everything sounds natural and sweet. In addition to being a great self-contained portable device it can also function as a USB audio interface into your computer. But I wouldn't turn down a Snowball either.

Can you multi-track with the zoom's? It sounds like the sort of thing my wifes dad is looking for... also it would have to be fairly straight foward to use for him.

Top Bottom