Your favorite size Uke

What is your favorite size uke?

• Total voters

wxtornado

Reaction score
What is your favorite size ukulele? Or if you don't have a favorite, which one do you play the most?

I'm a tenor guy. I love sopranos and my baritone is very cool, but I default to the tenors.

Tenor gets 90% or my time. I think I could get used to Concerts if I spent more time with them, but Soprano's do not feel right in my hands. Although I could learn to love them all I'm sure.

I only have a tenor and a soprano and for me it is much easier to play the tenor but I enjoy the challenge of the soprano. I have yet to try a concert but feel it may be the best of both worlds...

I voted tenor since that's what I started on, and it's my low g uke which gets the most play time. But I have been spending a lot more time lately with my concert, and my old Harmony soprano in d tuning. I also have a baritone but don't play it much

I'll betcha there's a strong age correlation with the answers - younger players reflexively favoring tenor, and older players not showing as strong a preference for one particular size. Just a guess.

What is your favorite size ukulele? Or if you don't have a favorite, which one do you play the most?

Maybe there should be an "I have no favorite" option on the poll for those of us who divide our time equally among different sizes?

Last edited:
For anything tricky I like the tenor. Of course my tenor is a KoAloha, so it's also my baby.

Just a thought. I have one (no UAS here yet) Kamaka Concert. Great for strumming. However, I believe a Tenor with low G is more suited for picking.
As you can see I'm slowly talking myself into UAS. With a Tenor, I can learn to play Santana's Europa or the haunting Spanish piece Aranjuez.
Could be wrong, but I think that works for me.

I have a concert and a tenor. I take one with me on my truck for about a week at a time. Which ever one I take, I'm ready to play the other when I get home and take the next week. All in all, I probably play my tenor the most.

Tenor. Not sure why, I think I just subconsciously associate it being bigger with being a "serious" instrument. Don't know why that is, and I'm not trying to say other sizes aren't serious instruments. Also, I like the fact you can use a low g string.

I have a Tenor and a Concert and I find myself playing the concert for a while then switching back to the tenor. I really enjoy playing them both.

I voted for concert, because I have two concerts and one soprano, and I like the concert size better. I have yet to play a tenor for more than a couple of minutes at a time, although I think I could really learn to like it....

i don't think i'm going to vote because i'd never be able to make a decision. i have a soprano and a tenor and until i changed the strings on both my instruments, i would say i like the tenor more. after i bought my tenor, i hardly played my soprano. but when i fixed my soprano and got good strings for it, i stopped playing my tenor. now that i have good strings on my tenor, i play both about the same. probably a little more the tenor. i love the timbre of both. i have also played many concert ukes at the store and i love the timbre of those as well. i have uas so bad, but no money. if i had ~$500, i'd own a concert and another tenor with a pickup.

I voted for concert, because I have two concerts and one soprano, and I like the concert size better. I have yet to play a tenor for more than a couple of minutes at a time, although I think I could really learn to like it....

Same. Concert seems like a nice middle between soprano and tenor to me, but when I have played tenors they were really nice. Haha, UAS is hitting me and I bought a Fluke just 3 days ago!

Top Bottom