Uke Case for a Long Neck

scubatrevor1024

Reaction score
I just bought a Ohana Sk-30L. Its the soprano with the tenor neck. Im want to get a hard shell case for it but i cant find one anywhere. I found one that said it can fits long necks but the picture looks as if it cant.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FREMONT-TWEED-S...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a4b40141b

I have read that you can put them in a concert case but it will have a lose fit. I guess i dont really know what to do. If any one knows anything that would be great.

Thanks

I just bought a Ohana Sk-30L. Its the soprano with the tenor neck. Im want to get a hard shell case for it but i cant find one anywhere. I found one that said it can fits long necks but the picture looks as if it cant.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FREMONT-TWEED-S...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a4b40141b

I have read that you can put them in a concert case but it will have a lose fit. I guess i dont really know what to do. If any one knows anything that would be great.

Thanks

My koaloha long neck soprano actually fits in a soprano case. It has a concert neck though. My Pineapple sunday has a tenor neck and concert body and it fits well in the concert case.

Thanks

Click on the link you posted.
Contact the seller.
Ask if they have a case to fit your uke.
They may ask you the dimensions.

I emailed him and his said that there was no cases that fit it nicely. but im more to just look for one that will fit it even if it is a little lose, i could probably put in some more padding so it would fit tight.

I have a Fremont concert sized case, and it works for my Kanile'a Super Concert (tenor neck, concert body) but it is a close fit. A tenor neck on a soprano would probably be too much of a jump to fit a soprano case. The concert sized case should work though.

–Lori

What case does KoAloha/MGM ship with its Soprano Longneck Pineapples?

I use special extra long uke crazy lanikai style soprano cases for concert longneck sopranos No hard case fits them yet. As for the Koaloha T-2 I have a special extra long oahu /koolau case for concert which fits that and barely makes Kanilea superconcerts but will not hold koaloha supers so they go in tenor Kala tweed or black which do not let the body slip aroiund as much as koolau or uke crazy alligator cases. The is really no case for soprano tenor longnecks in hard as sales is not enough to justify a maker to make that many cases. even a thousnad is not enough to justify maufacture at a price you would pay Yes you can always have 50 made but would you pay 200 for the case for a 125.00 longneck?

The body is 8-7/8" in length & 6-9/16" wide at lower bout, with a twenty fret fingerboard. I havent gotten it in the mail yet so i guess i dont know for sure how long it is.

I recently got a kanilea soprano with a concert neck and a hard case that fits perfectly from Kanilea ukulele in kaneohe.You could check with joe souza.

I don't know how common charango is over there, but since ukulele is really uncommon here in Argentina, I had to buy a charango gig bag for mine, and guess what? The ukulele neck is short compared to the "neck" of the gig bag, while the body is a perfect fit. Maybe if you could get a charango case, that might solve the problem...

Hey y'all, I have a concert body - tenor neck uke and I got a Charango case that fit perfect. So, big tanx to Carolina Uke for their suggestion.

Attachments

• Charangocase.jpg
    Charangocase.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I just read a pinterest post showing how to make a uke case out of a vintage suitcase. All you need is a cool piece of lugage, foam blocks, spray adhesive, and lining material. Depending on the luggage you have room for the uke, plus all the other stuff you want to carry. I'm hunting for a cool looking small overnight bag now, and then I will make one for my soprano.

Top Bottom