PDA

View Full Version : My brother ran over my baby!

thejumpingflea
04-01-2010, 11:39 AM
I am losing it.

My precious Moore Bettah Ukulele has been the victim of my little brothers ford focus. He just got his permit and we were going to a friends house. (I of course brought my uke everywhere) The trunk was locked and he said he'd put it back there for me. Well he didn't and now the uke is cracked in half with the soundboard completely caved in. It is beyond repairs. I can barely type this....

RIP Moore Bettah "Not So Basic" Ukulele. You were too young....

Skye
04-01-2010, 11:40 AM
that sucks... make him replace it.

SuperSecretBETA
04-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Pics or it didn't happen. :p

sukie
04-01-2010, 11:55 AM

Seeing as how it's April Fool's Day -- I agree with SuperSecret.

If it's true -- oh, no! That really sucks.

covernment
04-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Seeing as how it's April Fool's Day -- I agree with SuperSecret.

If it's true -- oh, no! That really sucks.

oh didnt think of that...

JT_Ukes
04-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Gotta be an April 1 post..

Pics or it didn't happen...

(god i hope it didn't happen)

bbycrts
04-01-2010, 12:15 PM
I am losing it.

My precious Moore Bettah Ukulele has been the victim of my little brothers ford focus. He just got his permit and we were going to a friends house. (I of course brought my uke everywhere) The trunk was locked and he said he'd put it back there for me. Well he didn't and now the uke is cracked in half with the soundboard completely caved in. It is beyond repairs. I can barely type this....

RIP Moore Bettah "Not So Basic" Ukulele. You were too young....

Happy April Fool's Day to you, too, Matt!

sukie
04-01-2010, 12:19 PM
It better be an April Fool's. Otherwise I'll never get a Moore Bettah. He'll have to make a new one for the flea first. DANG!

fivetide
04-01-2010, 12:42 PM
I may have believed it if you hadn't over-reached and said it was a Moore Bettah! :)

Ahnko Honu
04-01-2010, 12:46 PM
WOW Bummer, and I coincidentally got deached a Moore Bettah 'ukulele today. Mahalo nui deach, you da bestest.

Ronnie Aloha
04-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Matt,

If this is an April fools joke then I bit for about five seconds. Then I realized it HAD to be a joke!

Fair warning: the Hawaii Japanese believe in something called "bachi."

sukie
04-01-2010, 12:48 PM
WOW Bummer, and I coincidentally got deached a Moore Bettah 'ukulele today. Mahalo nui deach, you da bestest.

Laugh of the day. Unless it really happened. Pics for that to happen though.

haole
04-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Send me the neck. I have a pretty nice cigar box to use it with.

ukeatan
04-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Wait, so the trunk was locked and he said he'd put it back there for you but he didn't and now the uke is cracked in half?

Steve vanPelt
04-01-2010, 01:25 PM
First thought... OMG NOOOoooo!. Then, oh yeah Aprils fools. You definitely got me for a minute, though. Good one.

Steve

Ronnie Aloha
04-01-2010, 01:40 PM
I'll give you $20 for the headstock...

SailQwest
04-01-2010, 01:46 PM
I fell for it hook, line & sinker. I felt so bad for you, Matt! My husband teases me that they have my picture in Webster's under "gullible."

ukecantdothat
04-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Now, if you've been paying attention, Matt, you KNOW this sort of thing happens. I know you wouldn't be pullin' my leg about a thing that's SO deeply personal to me. If it's true you have my deepest sympathy. Mine was only a Lehua. People here are tired of these pics, but I feel like it's put up or shut up time, my friend... For me it was a 4Runner, you say a Ford Focus? So, here we go with these again, show me the money shot!

dnewton2
04-02-2010, 01:51 AM
I read this last night and immediatly thought April Fools. Knowing how I feel about my MB, and reading your reaction/opinion to your MB, I think we feel pretty much the same about our ukes. That said, IF (see big if) this is true I cannot figure out why you would put the uke in the trunk, or let your brother do it. I am pretty sure a Ford Focus has a back seat. I will not believe it until I see proof.

Hankthetank
04-02-2010, 03:38 AM
I read this last night and immediatly thought April Fools. Knowing how I feel about my MB, and reading your reaction/opinion to your MB, I think we feel pretty much the same about our ukes. That said, IF (see big if) this is true I cannot figure out why you would put the uke in the trunk, or let your brother do it. I am pretty sure a Ford Focus has a back seat. I will not believe it until I see proof.

I am there with you. As an owner of an MB myself, it is akin to one of my children. And I would never joke about putting one of my children in the trunk or running them over. ;) Actually, the difference between my kids and my MB is that when friends wanted to hold my babies, I would just hand them over. But no one is allowed to touch my MB. Well, not without a background check, drug screen, and 3 forms of ID, and being monitored by armed guard.
Matt, it is no longer April Fools, so fill us in. I hope all is well.

hoosierhiver
04-02-2010, 04:02 AM
So....... a joke or not?

Skrik
04-02-2010, 04:26 AM
I'm sure the warranty will cover it.

Or the insurance. I mean, you insure these high-end instruments, don't you?

Paul December
04-02-2010, 05:47 AM
I was going to buy a Moore Bettah ...
... but if it can't withstand a simple car-running-it-over, forget it!

deach
04-02-2010, 05:57 AM
seriously people? seriously?

Paul December
04-02-2010, 05:59 AM
Could be worse! :eek:

http://28.media.tumblr.com/SlgNiLCQtkg12n7swzitI7sRo1_400.jpg

ukecantdothat
04-02-2010, 08:40 AM
So....... a joke or not?

Ain't nobody buyin' it, dude. No pics and, as mentioned, big holes in the story (i.e. Mo'Bettah = back seat, not trunk). And Deach just dropped his tiara from all that head shakin'.

It's April 2nd, now. Time to come clean!

thejumpingflea
04-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Yep....

APRIL FOOLS!

Time for me to realize I need to think of better jokes from now on....

brickerenator
04-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Yep....

APRIL FOOLS!

You have to create a lengthy backstory first, start it around the 20th of March

MTGuru
04-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Of course, some of us know friends who could tell basically this exact same story without the "April Fools" punch line. :eek:

Paul December
04-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Here you run over ukulele...
...In Russia, party run over you!

https://secure.reservexl.net/wwwimg/img/tours/2337-2.jpg

brickerenator
04-02-2010, 09:40 AM
:rotfl:

yes!

sukie
04-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Yep....

APRIL FOOLS!

I'll say. It was your Moore Bettah that tipped me off.

experimentjon
04-02-2010, 10:12 AM
LOL, how would you even go about running over an ukulele? I've never left mine in the driveway. XD

NatalieLin6
04-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Yep....

APRIL FOOLS!

Good one Matt, you had me going for a second and I really felt the pain for you.

Trickster! :p

Coconut Willie
04-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Nice one!!!!!! LOL

ukecantdothat
04-02-2010, 01:29 PM
LOL, how would you even go about running over an ukulele? I've never left mine in the driveway. XD
Again, it is indeed possible to back over one's uke in the driveway while going to work one morning and placing it not so safely on the passenger's seat prior to closing the door only to have it drop below in its soft case right at the moment the door closes so you don't hear the drop and as you slowly back up you feel this small bump and you're thinking that better be a newspaper so you stop and get out thinking the worst that maybe you ran over a cat or something until you realize the true horror of your deed... (see above post from me for the results... still planning a cigar box project with the neck and saddle...).

Yes. I am that stupid. Although in my defense, the cigar box version will be very cool, much better than the Lehua ever was I think, and best of all, it gave me an excuse to buy a Mainland for about the same replacement cost, and the Mainland kicks butt on the Lehua for the money.

happyslappysoong
04-02-2010, 08:43 PM
damnit! lol. I had to edit this what-used-to-be sympathetic post..

beeejums
04-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Yup... You had me for a second. I'm glad that didn't really happen.

Mim
04-03-2010, 05:34 AM
I first read it on April 2nd (I am a little UU behind... work has been crazy... its a good thing). My heart sunk for you! I thought, "Wow! What are the chances this would go down like that!" Glad it is a joke!!!
I am glad a read through the replies before I too posted a sympathetic post!

Teek
04-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Not as bad an April Fool's joke as me telling my grandma I ran over the cat with her Lincoln in the driveway when I was 19.

Nor as horrifying as Mafia Wars turning the chop shops into "Unicorn Castles" and car parts into "unicorn potions". Man was I pissed, since they did it EST and I am PST so missed that it was an early for the Pacific coast April Fool's joke. Did anybody catch Google's gMail joke?

ceviche
04-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Obvious it was April Fools. I don't know why no one raised this point yet: Don't you think he would have punched his brother in the nuts if he stupidly ran over the uke? Isn't that what brothers do? Clearly April Fools! Yeah, I'm tellin' you brah.

--Dave E.