My brother ran over my baby!

thejumpingflea

Reaction score
I am losing it.

My precious Moore Bettah Ukulele has been the victim of my little brothers ford focus. He just got his permit and we were going to a friends house. (I of course brought my uke everywhere) The trunk was locked and he said he'd put it back there for me. Well he didn't and now the uke is cracked in half with the soundboard completely caved in. It is beyond repairs. I can barely type this....

RIP Moore Bettah "Not So Basic" Ukulele. You were too young....

that sucks... make him replace it.

Pics or it didn't happen. :p

I am losing it.

My precious Moore Bettah Ukulele has been the victim of my little brothers ford focus. He just got his permit and we were going to a friends house. (I of course brought my uke everywhere) The trunk was locked and he said he'd put it back there for me. Well he didn't and now the uke is cracked in half with the soundboard completely caved in. It is beyond repairs. I can barely type this....

RIP Moore Bettah "Not So Basic" Ukulele. You were too young....

Happy April Fool's Day to you, too, Matt!

It better be an April Fool's. Otherwise I'll never get a Moore Bettah. He'll have to make a new one for the flea first. DANG!

I may have believed it if you hadn't over-reached and said it was a Moore Bettah! :)

WOW Bummer, and I coincidentally got deached a Moore Bettah 'ukulele today. Mahalo nui deach, you da bestest.

Matt,

If this is an April fools joke then I bit for about five seconds. Then I realized it HAD to be a joke!

Fair warning: the Hawaii Japanese believe in something called "bachi."

Wait, so the trunk was locked and he said he'd put it back there for you but he didn't and now the uke is cracked in half?

First thought... OMG NOOOoooo!. Then, oh yeah Aprils fools. You definitely got me for a minute, though. Good one.

Steve

Pics or it didn't happen. :p
Now, if you've been paying attention, Matt, you KNOW this sort of thing happens. I know you wouldn't be pullin' my leg about a thing that's SO deeply personal to me. If it's true you have my deepest sympathy. Mine was only a Lehua. People here are tired of these pics, but I feel like it's put up or shut up time, my friend... For me it was a 4Runner, you say a Ford Focus? So, here we go with these again, show me the money shot!

Attachments

• 3789.jpg
    3789.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 3790.jpg
    3790.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 28
I read this last night and immediatly thought April Fools. Knowing how I feel about my MB, and reading your reaction/opinion to your MB, I think we feel pretty much the same about our ukes. That said, IF (see big if) this is true I cannot figure out why you would put the uke in the trunk, or let your brother do it. I am pretty sure a Ford Focus has a back seat. I will not believe it until I see proof.

I read this last night and immediatly thought April Fools. Knowing how I feel about my MB, and reading your reaction/opinion to your MB, I think we feel pretty much the same about our ukes. That said, IF (see big if) this is true I cannot figure out why you would put the uke in the trunk, or let your brother do it. I am pretty sure a Ford Focus has a back seat. I will not believe it until I see proof.

I am there with you. As an owner of an MB myself, it is akin to one of my children. And I would never joke about putting one of my children in the trunk or running them over. ;) Actually, the difference between my kids and my MB is that when friends wanted to hold my babies, I would just hand them over. But no one is allowed to touch my MB. Well, not without a background check, drug screen, and 3 forms of ID, and being monitored by armed guard.
Matt, it is no longer April Fools, so fill us in. I hope all is well.

Top Bottom