Uke p***

Craig

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I've got some in-progress pics of my Ko'olau Pineapple tenor in my profile photos.

Damn you Craig. I did not need to see those (but I always look!). Brazilian rosewood pineapple tenor with absolutely gorgeous abalone inlay and koa binding. You lucky man! I'm shuddering like a junkie needing a fix. I do not have a rosewood uke and have been looking at and listening to the Ohana SK 70 and hope they have plans to make a concert and/or tenor model. I have 2 wonderful guitars with solid brazilian rosewood back and sides (one steel string, one nylon) that I cherish. Someday, maybe not a custom Ko'olau, but a solid rosewood just for kicks.
Regards,
Ray

Ray,
The reason I chose my current Ko'olau's woods were due to a high-end classical guitar I once owned with Brazilian rosewood and spruce. The Port Orford, although listed as a cedar, is its own specie and is supposed to sound like a mixture of cedar and spruce. I'm unabashedly going for a more classical-Spanish-like guitar sound with the Pineapple. I've got a slew of classical arrangements to learn and plan to eventually record them using this new uke. By then, it should be open (in about a year or so).

Wow! Very nice looking.

Stunning uke Craig. Can't wait to hear it!

My Mya-Moe has a Port Orford Cedar top. Love it! I am afraid my heavy strumming is going to wear through it though. It's very soft.

Ray,
The reason I chose my current Ko'olau's woods were due to a high-end classical guitar I once owned with Brazilian rosewood and spruce. The Port Orford, although listed as a cedar, is its own specie and is supposed to sound like a mixture of cedar and spruce. I'm unabashedly going for a more classical-Spanish-like guitar sound with the Pineapple. I've got a slew of classical arrangements to learn and plan to eventually record them using this new uke. By then, it should be open (in about a year or so).

Sounds like you will get what you are going for and I look forward to adding the new cd to my collection. Keep them coming Craig!
Regards,
Ray

Sounds like you will get what you are going for and I look forward to adding the new cd to my collection. Keep them coming Craig!
Regards,
Ray

Thanks for the kind words Ray. I'm not one who is good at home recording and rather go into a studio. I learned so much making the first CD, I'm anxious to do another. Now there's just $ and time involved. I also want to use the same studio and engineer who ended up being more of a producer.

Craig, that is a beautiful uke and I agree the pic with the Koa binding is my fav as well. Looking forward to hearing how she sounds!!!

Top Bottom