PDA

View Full Version : New Uke Day!! - Oscar Schmidt OU5 Concert

joehempel
04-01-2010, 06:05 PM
I had purchased this today for $150, and bought a decent case for it.

Traded in an old electric guitar that I never played and "tried" to trade in my Soprano Ukulele....they only wanted the case LOL....of course the one I tried to trade in was a Hilo with the 3 epiholes instead of the one.

So after my trades I paid about $110 total for ukulele/case/strings/setup plan from Sam Ash. It looks beautiful, Koa Laminate, the intonation is set perfectly and it plays wonderfully. I'm currently changing the strings from GHS to Aquila, I love those strings, I put them on my Hilo and it sounded so different.

I posted a video today to the You Tube, doing a cover of Fly Me to the Moon, can't believe they did that to Ukulele Mike, it's where I learned it from and downloaded the chords....glad I downloaded them before it went defunct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiB5khCb7k4

Pretty excited about this one....recorded with a Sure SM57, the ukulele overpowers the voice here, but that might not be too bad LOL.

mds725
04-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Very nice ukulele! I wish I could play that song.

joehempel
04-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks alot! I've not been able to put it down since I've got it, just noodling around....the song is really easy to play I have the chords for it, downloaded them before MusicTeacher2009 went off line. If you want them, just let me know.

Huckleberry
04-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Joehempel

FYI Musicteacher Mike Lynch is back at Musicteacher2010. He didn't say what happened but he's back.

joehempel
04-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Yeah I know, but I bet its because of linking to chord sheets, I just got a letter asking me to remove my instructional videos for the guitar that have tab in them.

arashi_nero
04-04-2010, 06:47 PM
uke looks nice. nice vid, too. i have an OU4 tenor and i'm thinking about getting the ou6lce (same shop i got the ou4 and for $270).

joehempel
04-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Nice! I actually went looking for a tenor when I bought this one LOL, but for some reason the tenor didn't feel "right" I don't know how to explain it. I think I still want one though LOL.

allardv
04-29-2010, 12:55 PM
I just got an OU5 also! It's my first ukuele but I'm playing the guitar already for some years. The sound kind of suprised me, it's better than I expected. But I'm in doubt if I shall shave the saddle a bit because of quite a high action. How high is your G-string at the 12th fret?

AC Baltimore
04-29-2010, 06:26 PM
Got one, hated it... now I love it. It had fret issues so I sent it to OS and they replaced it. They said it was coming back with aquilas, so I wondered why the new one sounded lifeless. Turned out they were not aquilas, I put a set on and now it is my fav. I just installed strap buttons yesterday.

joehempel
04-29-2010, 08:44 PM
I actually don't now how high the strings are, it felt right to me...but I did take it to the shop to get a set up. I get 8 free over the course of 2 years.