New Uke Day!! - Oscar Schmidt OU5 Concert

joehempel

Reaction score
I had purchased this today for $150, and bought a decent case for it.

Traded in an old electric guitar that I never played and "tried" to trade in my Soprano Ukulele....they only wanted the case LOL....of course the one I tried to trade in was a Hilo with the 3 epiholes instead of the one.

So after my trades I paid about $110 total for ukulele/case/strings/setup plan from Sam Ash. It looks beautiful, Koa Laminate, the intonation is set perfectly and it plays wonderfully. I'm currently changing the strings from GHS to Aquila, I love those strings, I put them on my Hilo and it sounded so different.

I posted a video today to the You Tube, doing a cover of Fly Me to the Moon, can't believe they did that to Ukulele Mike, it's where I learned it from and downloaded the chords....glad I downloaded them before it went defunct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiB5khCb7k4

Pretty excited about this one....recorded with a Sure SM57, the ukulele overpowers the voice here, but that might not be too bad LOL.

Thanks alot! I've not been able to put it down since I've got it, just noodling around....the song is really easy to play I have the chords for it, downloaded them before MusicTeacher2009 went off line. If you want them, just let me know.

Joehempel

FYI Musicteacher Mike Lynch is back at Musicteacher2010. He didn't say what happened but he's back.

Yeah I know, but I bet its because of linking to chord sheets, I just got a letter asking me to remove my instructional videos for the guitar that have tab in them.

uke looks nice. nice vid, too. i have an OU4 tenor and i'm thinking about getting the ou6lce (same shop i got the ou4 and for $270).

Nice! I actually went looking for a tenor when I bought this one LOL, but for some reason the tenor didn't feel "right" I don't know how to explain it. I think I still want one though LOL.

I just got an OU5 also! It's my first ukuele but I'm playing the guitar already for some years. The sound kind of suprised me, it's better than I expected. But I'm in doubt if I shall shave the saddle a bit because of quite a high action. How high is your G-string at the 12th fret?

Got one, hated it... now I love it. It had fret issues so I sent it to OS and they replaced it. They said it was coming back with aquilas, so I wondered why the new one sounded lifeless. Turned out they were not aquilas, I put a set on and now it is my fav. I just installed strap buttons yesterday.

I actually don't now how high the strings are, it felt right to me...but I did take it to the shop to get a set up. I get 8 free over the course of 2 years.

Top Bottom