Good Friday Video - New Vid by Tsani

Tsani

Reaction score
I have a new video up. The sound quality is not very good. I tried recording directly to my laptop instead of through a video camera, and I did not like the result.

The music is for Good Friday / Easter.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnyUku?feature=mhw5

I did 3 pieces of music about the cross - or the crucifixion of Jesus, representing 3 ages of the church.

The first is from the middle ages, "O Sacred Head, Now Wounded", by Bernard of Clairvaux. The hymn is attributed to Bernard, but I think the hymn tune may be by J. S. Bach. Not sure. He quotes in the St. Matthew Passion.

The second is from the reformation, "O Dearest Jesus" by Johan Heerman. This is also used by Bach in the St. Matthew Passion, but I think the tune may have already been in use and was simply incorporated by Bach. If there are any Bach scholars out there I would appreciate any insight you might have on this.

The third is the familiar "Old Rugged Cross" by George Bennard. I think this was written in about 1915 in the United States.

I wish I could have gotten a better recording - and performed with a little more fluidity and feeling. I've been practicing this for awhile, but I always freeze up in front of the camera.

Top Bottom