List your all-time favorite kung fu movies!

When I was young, every Saturday my uncle would take me to watch kung fu movies. They always had sub-titles. They always did the "rip your heart out" move. They almost always started in a restaurant. I must have seen a hundred kung fu movies and I couldn't tell you the names of any of them.

There's always the old standbys with Bruce Lee and even Bruce Li though.

jackie chan is the man :D
rumblebronx.jpg

503471~Ong-Bak-Posters.jpg

Can't forget this epic battle:
bruce_chuck.jpg

Last edited:
Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon
Sho'nuff: "Kiss my Converse!"
In the name of all that's holy, this goes back to the time my family would rent a video player to go with the tapes because VCRs were not common yet...

Anyone see the Jackie Chan movie "The Young Master"? Had it on tape and played it for like 5 years. Lots of utensils used in the fight scenes, really cool. Ridiculous lip synching though.

And let us not forget the great Sho Kosugi, the first and only real ninja. :bowdown: I'm not worthy!

Btw, don't be dissing the Crane Stance, davoomac. That is one lethal technique there. Same goes for the prayer-drum-hip-shift in KK2. Ralph Macchio is one dangerous dude.

Last edited:
The Last Dragon is a classic. Definitely worth renting if you like martial arts films. Plus you get to see little Ernie Reyes Jr. (when he was little) breakdancing.

Omitting the Bruce Lee titles, there's

Fist of Legend -- Jet Li in a Fists of Fury remake.
Once Upon a Time in China 2 -- Jet Li as Wong Fei Hung. There's actually a bunch of films in the series, but the second is my favorite.
Iron Monkey -- Donnie Yen as Wong Kei Ying
Hero -- Jet Li, Donnie Yen. Beautiful cinematography.
Wing Chun -- Michelle Yeoh and Donnie Yen. Silly story, with lots of wire work.
And finally, Big Trouble in Little China -- Master of Horror, John Carpenter, makes a Chop Socky send-up.

oh man, "big trouble in little china" is one of my favorites as well. that was kim cattrall at her pinnacle of hotness.

(okay, maybe that was mannequin, but who's counting?)

Fist of Legend is my ichiban!

Iron Monkey is up there, too. Anyone watch the more obscure old school flicks (Crippled Masters (!), 5 Deadly Venoms, Master of the Flying Guillotine, etc...)?

Or underground-ish new school stuff like The Stunt People (from CA)?

oh man, "big trouble in little china" is one of my favorites as well. that was kim cattrall at her pinnacle of hotness.

(okay, maybe that was mannequin, but who's counting?)

I think it was mannequin when she was at her pinnacle of hotness for sure. yow wow yow wow! haha

**okay i take back what i said about the crane kick :D

Anyone watch the more obscure old school flicks (Crippled Masters (!), 5 Deadly Venoms, Master of the Flying Guillotine, etc...)?
Ah, yes. The Shaw Brothers kung fu films. Good stuff. When I was young, I watched a lot of them. I tried getting some of my favorites on DVD, but the covers were misleading, and I always ended up with a different movie.

...Not that it mattered. They're pretty much the same. Heck, when I was in Germany years ago, I saw a kung fu film dubbed into German (which I don't speak). Knew exactly what was going on! :D

Or underground-ish new school stuff like The Stunt People (from CA)?
Stunt People looks a lot like Zero Gravity.

of all time: enter the dragon

"its like a finger pointing to the moon... (SMACK!!!) DON'T CONCENTRATE ON THE FINGER!"

but if bruce was not allowed, then...

it would have to be:
1. the last dragon "sukiyaki hot saki soup, sock it to me, and i sock it to you"
2. all the once upon a time in china flicks
3. bloodsport "hmph! good! but brick no hit back!"
and just to stay versatile:
4. seven samurai
5. all the older zatoichi movies

Last edited:
Mortal Combat 1

The One

WAR

Unleashed

Hero

The Protector