Guitar Marketplace??

NewbieUkie

Reaction score
I'm still VERY new around here, but have already discovered that you guys, (uke players) seem to be inherently "friendlier" than many of the folks on strict "guitar forums". That point of course could open a whole other thread, but my point is, I have some guitars for sale and would like to offer them HERE first, to the guys who have given me such a warm welcome and made me feel so comfortable as a newbie.
That said, I want my guitars, (really nice ones!) to be given a fair shake, and that could be best achieved in a GUITAR forum, obviously. So...I'm thinking......why not have the best of both worlds.....guitars for sale in a GUITAR "Marketplace", not a "Uke Marketplace", but on the site of the friendly Uke players???
I'm also thinking I can't be the only guy who thinks this is a good idea!
I'll bet a lot of guys here have a guitar they may want to sell, and maybe a few of the guys might even want to buy one from someone they know and trust.
Can we make it happen?

There have been a few guitars for sale here and it's no biggie. Most of the members here have either played guitar or can at least appreciate a good one.

So let's see them... :)

There have been a few guitars for sale here and it's no biggie. Most of the members here have either played guitar or can at least appreciate a good one.

So let's see them... :)

Well, that's my point...I kinda thought many members might already be guitar players, thus able to appreciate a nice guitar if offered here. But I still think it's important to offer guitars in a guitar category. (Maybe I'm just too anal here in my organizational needs. :eek: Anyway, who looks for a round peg in a square hole, right?)
As to the list of guitars I want to sell, since the numbers run into the couple dozen, I am currently working on a list I can just copy and paste into The Marketplace, but I will post a couple examples off the list right away to get started. Take a look there! :)

guitar marketplace?

could it be possible if we put up a guitar marketplace board here on UU? It seems that a lot of people on this site started playing guitar before ukulele, and I imagine some of them want to sell some of their stuff. any takers?

4 strings good 6 strings bad ....George Orwell???

Seriously, it is a good idea, but we are a Ukulele forum foremost. Why not stick a 6 string market place up. The visitors browsing would, by default, get a real introduction to the instrument that angels play in heaven.

could it be possible if we put up a guitar marketplace board here on UU? It seems that a lot of people on this site started playing guitar before ukulele, and I imagine some of them want to sell some of their stuff. any takers?

I'd second that, I'm in the process of getting rid of my guitars too.

as a guitar player, primarily, i can see the desire to have a guitar marketplace. i have actually posted a guitar for sale here in the uke marketplace. and if you have one or two guitars to get rid of, then i dont see a problem in posting your class ad in the same forum.

but as for adding another forum dedicated to selling guitars... here is my take on that. guitar players and guitars are EVERYWHERE. and anyone that knows how to use a search engine that really needs to unload will look for as many free class ads online to post in. i admit, ive done it with fishing gear. my point is, the last thing i want is for a bunch of guitar-only players to be coming to this site solely to sell their guitars. yeah it would look good as far as number of registered members, but then again, thats not why this site was founded.

in conclusion, so if you have a couple of guitars you'd like to unload, then i dont see why you couldnt throw them up on the uke marketplace. especially if you (hint) state that you need to sell the guitar to make money to buy a uke that youve had your eye on hehehe. but as far as a separate guitar marketplace, i would vote no.

I would also vote "no." Although an occasional guitar being offered here by a current (or future) Uke player is fine, I don't think we need a special forum for it. Besides, since this is primarily a Uke player's hangout, if someone wants to sell a guitar there are plenty of better places with a bigger target audience to do it.

Top Bottom