Oakland Airport Uke Exhibit

ukecantdothat

Reaction score
A cousin of mine just told me she saw what she "thought were" ukuleles on display at the Oakland Airport. "You think they were ukuleles?" I asked. "Well... They were so beautifully made, I thought maybe they were just little guitars or something..."

Anybody in the Oakland / San Francisco area know anything about this?

Little guitars or something...

Your cousin would be correct. It features some of california's ukulele builders. I've only seen one section of it (I think the displays are broken up into several sections), but the displayed ukes I saw were just absolutely gorgeous.

Last edited:
That's a great exhibition. I like that someone thought of luthiers as a subject and I like that it's at an airport. I really enjoy seeing the skill in telling the story as well.

its true brah.i fly back nd forth from vegas to oakland,(for work and junk).And everytime i fly there,i always stop by nd admire them.theres one that id realy like to just hold in my hands.its a tenor(cant remember what make).the head piece has a fisherman fishing by the lighthouse by the sea.his casting hook curves all throughout the neck.and is made of mother-pearl.its mean as brooo.lol.then another one,which i think is considered a concept uke.its an 'offset' picasso style uke.the frets are at an angle.the hole on the body is on the far right(instead of being centered).and the paint job is blue nd white.it resembles an old picasso painting.theres also a remake of the original "pineapple" style ukulele also.i really cant remember the other ones.i know theres a total of 6 of them.i actually hav the 2 i explaind about in my fone.ill try to post them up as soon as possible.=]ofa atu

2.jpg

3.jpg

AND THERE THEY ARE.LOL.ENJOY

Top Bottom