PDA

View Full Version : Please help, trying to make a uke video! =)

Dane
04-02-2010, 08:08 PM
I've been editing a song in movie maker (it's all I have) and I want to layer another uke track over my base track, but I can't figure out a way of doing so in this rather useless program. All I want is to be able to place different video clips where I'd like, and more importantly, layer the audio and control volume between the audio tracks. Do I need to find another program? Or maybe just a program to edit my audio and then bring it back into movie maker? If so does anyone know of a decent one that is free that could do these things? I don't have any cash to throw around right now.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Have a good one,
-Dane

johncaudrey
04-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Try downloading Audacity (it's free and there are lots of tutorials out there) for recording and mixing the audio. Then drag the saved audio file into movie maker and edit your video to line up with the finished audio track!

Best of luck

John

beeejums
04-02-2010, 10:03 PM
And if you need to re-sync your audio when you're done, I use a free program called Avidemux... It's pretty straightforward, though I have to export in AVI or else it kills the sound for some reason...

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/