PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Tuning?

Olivia
04-03-2010, 03:15 PM
I just got my first uke.. I got a tuner with it. But I don't know which to tune it with-- Chromatic, Ukulele-C or Ukulele-D. I'm guessing Chromatic, but I don't want to take any chances. Help please? Thanks(:

RyanMFT
04-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Hey Olivia!! Welcome to UU.

As far as tuning, most players tune in "C" but Chromatic will work with tuning in any key....in short, if you are tuning to gCEA then you can use chromatic or Ukulele-C. I bet that is a Kala tuner you have....mine says both of those. Enjoy, ask questions, and know that your strings will stretch a lot for the first week or so, so tune frequently. Good Luck! You will have a blast!

DaveVisi
04-03-2010, 03:23 PM
It's really up to you. Chromatic catches all the notes, and if you know what note you're tuning to they'll work fine. You probably want to use the standard "Ukulele-C" if that's an option as it will zero in on only the notes you're interested in.

Olivia
04-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Ok, thanks! Yeah, it is a Kala tuner, same kind of uke I got too!

RyanMFT
04-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Cool Olivia, post a picture or two and you will see that no matter how many ukes people have, everyone is excited when one of the clan gets a new one. Which Kala did you get?

Olivia
04-03-2010, 03:36 PM
A tenor! I mostly got it because I wanted to play Nevershoutnever! songs(: