UU+
UU VIP
Reaction score
Easter gifts from my recent trip to Hawai'i:

P1010002.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010005.jpg

The Pineapple was for my little girl. The engraving means "With the warmth of my love."

P1010006.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010010.jpg

Jake's Autograph

Beautiful. What a trip! You brought back some awesome (in the real sense of the word) souvenirs.

Incredible ukuleles! Thanks for sharing them with us. The engraving is such a great idea. That will be a priceless keepsake for your daughter.

Very nice Ronnie. How did you get Jake's sig?

Beautiful ukes! Congratulations, I am jealous. Though I have to admit that I was horrified to see the sharpie writing all over that lovely koa...

Cheers, Josh

Very nice Ronnie. How did you get Jake's sig?

Jake is a friend of a friend and he played at my dad's (deceased) WWII vets reunion in Hawaii that weekend. I go back every year for it to honor my dad's service and memory. Jake has actually composed a song to these vets and it will be on his next album. He couldn't perform it at the reunion since it requires his band as a back up. He had performed it the night before on Maui when his band was with him.

The 442nd Regimental Combat Team was comprised primarily of Japanese Americans in a segregated unit. Many of their ranks included men whose families were incarcerated by the US govt. solely based upon race.

The 442nd Regimental Combat Team was the most decorated unit for its size and length of service, in the entire history of the U.S. Military. The 4,000 men who initially came in April 1943 had to be replaced nearly 3.5 times. In total, about 14,000 men served, ultimately earning 9,486 Purple Hearts , 21 Medals of Honor and an unprecedented eight Presidential Unit Citations.

Beautiful ukes! Congratulations, I am jealous. Though I have to admit that I was horrified to see the sharpie writing all over that lovely koa...

Cheers, Josh

LOL. Well I guess you'd have to understand how quickly Nicole bonded with Pops over our Christmas visit!

Jake is a friend of a friend and he played at my dad's (deceased) WWII vets reunion in Hawaii that weekend. I go back every year for it to honor my dad's service and memory. Jake has actually composed a song to these vets and it will be on his next album. He couldn't perform it at the reunion since it requires his band as a back up. He had performed it the night before on Maui when his band was with him.

The 442nd Regimental Combat Team was comprised primarily of Japanese Americans in a segregated unit. Many of their ranks included men whose families were incarcerated by the US govt. solely based upon race.

The 442nd Regimental Combat Team was the most decorated unit for its size and length of service, in the entire history of the U.S. Military. The 4,000 men who initially came in April 1943 had to be replaced nearly 3.5 times. In total, about 14,000 men served, ultimately earning 9,486 Purple Hearts , 21 Medals of Honor and an unprecedented eight Presidential Unit Citations.

Thanks so much for the reply and the great story that goes with it.

Jack

Thanks for the nice story and great pics Ronnie. Your daughter will enjoy that pineapple for many years to come. But I love your Pikake concert. I have 4 KoAlohas. A PS, concert sceptre, tenor, and a Pikake concert. In my opinion, the Pikake concert is the best all around ukuklele that they make. Light, loud, great balance and sustain. And I love the satin finish. I have Worth browns on mine. Is yours strung with Freemont blacklines, or are they KoAloha brand?

I replaced the KoAloha clears with Worth Browns. I do like the satin finish on it. I wasn't sure about it but I thought it would diversify what I have.

Mahalo for the great day-brightening post (it's raining here in SF for Easter.) Those are both beautiful ukuleles that have extra value because of the stories behind your getting them and, with the Pineapple, what the ukulele will mean to your daughter for the rest of her life. I hope to see some KoAloha father-daughter duets on YouTube soon!

I didn't know it was okay to post p*** on this website. ;)

Two years ago, I almost took my KoAloha to a Jake show. My gf talked me out of trying to get his signature on my uke.

You should have seen the line after the show. :wallbash:

--Dave E.

Beautiful KoAlohas. Your pics of the satin finish are great. It seems more subdued than the overly glossy finish on mt KoAloha Concert without diminishing the beauty of the Koa.

Top Bottom