Poolside Uke

Milla

Reaction score
So I need a ukulele that I won't mind beating up. It will be played in the sun, by the pool, and at partys. I was looking at one of the Makalas. The video misicguymic has up makes them sound great for the price. I just want something that will sound bearable for around 50$ Thanks guys

The Makala Dolphins are very tough, especially the newer plastic bodied ones, and they sound and play great. We have a couple that my grandkids play (and play with) and they have held up very well. I've heard of some people having paint chipping and/or peeling problems, but our haven't had any. I think they are the best bargain you can get, especially if you get one from MGM as he sets them up perfectly with Aquila strings. The plain wood Makalas are good ukes too, but might not hold up as well to sun and wet.

I have a Makala MK-T and LOVE it!

As far as holding up goes, I am not sure...

As long as its playable. For 50$ or whatever they cost small paint chipping I can deal with. Thanks for the help guys!

The plastic Makala Dolphin is the way to go. Less than $50 you get a nearly indestructible uke that plays and sounds great. So many nifty colours you may want to get more than one!

Top Bottom