Newly acquired Tenor KPK.

MeanGreenUker

Reaction score
Newly acquired Tenor KPK [w/ pics]

So i did plenty of research and asked around a bit, trying to find what kind of uke would best suit me. I finally picked up a KPK tenor from a great gentleman, Local.kines(Jason). Im sure he's well known around here. I saw him a couple times throughout this forum and found him on ebay.

When i got in contact with him, he was very helpful even understanding that im buying without trying which i hate doing. I sent him plenty of emails, im sure annoyed the crap out of him. He made sure i was well taken care of and was very patient.

Back to the uke...

Probably the best thing ive ever spent money on, no BS. Ive read and heard lots of stories of cracking issues and what have you, but its solid wood i heard most of the issues were in areas of dry climate. Its an amazing piece: beautiful wood, simple design, easy to play, and built solid. Ive tried many ukes in many local and not so local shops, and TO MY EARS(im half deaf i mind you), it sounds so much more vibrant and crisp than any uke ive tried out. I played with the stock strings for a bit then i replaced with suggested Aquilas. Im glad i replaced them bc i wouldve been missing out.

I was very surprised of how fast Jason shipped my uke out. I was expecting it in the next week but it arrived at my doorstep before i could track it.

All in all, i am very pleased with my decision and more than pleased with the customer service I experienced. I would definitely buy again. I want to thank everyone that helped me out and answered questions that i had. I especially want to thank Jason for making it real easy for me to make my decision.

Image144.jpg

Image145.jpg

Image146.jpg

G

Last edited:
Yeah I'm kinda funny with BWT (Buying Without Trying) but all of my purchases (a kala tenor, a bushman concert and a lanikai tenor from brit) have all worked out really well. I heard a lot of good and bad things about KPK but if i had the money I'd prob try one out. Great koa uke for a really really reasonable price.

oh

pics or it didnt happen!

Top Bottom