Just saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of Crystal Skull

Rubbertoe

Reaction score
Hi there UU'ers! I just saw the latest installment of the Indiana Jones franchise... twice! Yeah... my dad's a big fan so I took him to see it during a matinee so it wouldn't be so busy and then I took a friend to see it later that night (can you believe she has never seen any of the previous movies?). I really liked the movie during the matinee and I liked it even more the second time 'round.
It was nice that they did not stray too far from the this-is-what-makes-a-good-Indy-movie-formula. For the most part, it felt just like a good ol' Indy flick - lot's of action, light-hearted humour, archeological truth and mystic legend.
I don't want to give away too much from the movie but the end is a little bit of a stretch (even for Indy).
I miss what Sean Connery brought to the 3rd chapter but he is mentioned a couple of times (there are a few references from past movies - all during which die-hard Indy fans hooted and applauded - and for which I had to quietly explain the significance to my friend).
Oh, and with the exception of physically looking older, Harrison Ford/Indiana Jones hasn't lost that much in the way of ability and appeal - he still throws a good punch and a good joke with equal facility (and Cate Blanchett is very hot in a creepy sorta way).
4 stars out of 5.

I am calling just average on this one. It gets a 3.6 our of 5 stars in my book.

I was surprised that after all those years the Indi-fealing came back out of nowhere. The film was better than I had expected albeit a few crappy scenes.

I just saw it the other day...

lets just say I was sooooooo dissappointed I was going to puke. I thought it was worse than "Temple of Doom". I'm just thankful that I saw it online and didn't waste any money on it. LOL

I just saw it the other day...

lets just say I was sooooooo dissappointed I was going to puke. I thought it was worse than "Temple of Doom". I'm just thankful that I saw it online and didn't waste any money on it. LOL

You didn't like Temple of Doom?? D:

LOL... Temple of Doom was OK, BUT... it was by far the worst of the THREE at that time. Now "Crystal Skull" has taken its place as the WORST of the "Quadrilogy" IMHO. :rolleyes:

yeah I'm going to have to agree with you there. definitely the worst of the 4. I couldn't bring myself to take Shia labouf (however you spell it) seriously.

NO ONE shoots movies like george lucas, just the way it was filmed was beautiful, they really did their research on a whole bunch of crap just to make the movie look good. i like to look for plot holes or stuff "missing" in movies but i didnt see any. for example, in scorpion king, there was a scene shot from a cliff aiming down, and there was a guy with a white t-shirt and white cap in the bottom corner, everyone ive asked didnt see it
btw anyone else see the ark of the covenant in kingdom of the crystal skull?

the ark was definitely there

Yes, I saw it. It was in the warehouse in another crate. I heard some laughter in the theatre when that was shown. Evidently we are not the only ones who noticed.

I saw it too, since, you know...they zoomed in on it...lol

Top Bottom