PDA

View Full Version : What is with UU Forum

Huckleberry
04-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Got into Ukuleles in July 09, thanks to Brudda Iz, Bought my first Uke then. Joined the UU Forum in March 10, Since then bought two more Ukes. Got a case of UAS ( currently in abatement). And now the forum is like an itch. The more I scratch the more it itches.

My morning schedule is: get a cup of fresh coffee, check the news, check the stock market, then cruise the UU forum. I notice I am spending more time on the forum as I learn to use it better. Great info to be had.

Great mornings. I am retired so that is one of the bennies.

Uncle Rod Higuchi
04-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Count your blessings, Huckleberry. I wish I were retired (with a healthy income, of course).

Still got my nose to the grindstone, but enjoying the ukulele like always.

Keep uke-in',

Huckleberry
04-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Uncle Rod

Don't know what a healthy income is. Just scratching along trying to be frugal. I actually mean cheap.

gnordenstam
04-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Yeah, this place is just as addictive as the ukulele itself.

fahrner
04-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Got into Ukuleles in July 09, thanks to Brudda Iz, Bought my first Uke then. Joined the UU Forum in March 10, Since then bought two more Ukes. Got a case of UAS ( currently in abatement). And now the forum is like an itch. The more I scratch the more it itches.

My morning schedule is: get a cup of fresh coffee, check the news, check the stock market, then cruise the UU forum. I notice I am spending more time on the forum as I learn to use it better. Great info to be had.

Great mornings. I am retired so that is one of the bennies.
It only gets worse.
Pretty soon you skip the news and don't bother checking the market until there's a new uke you want to buy. You go right to the UU forum and also open the links to your favorite uke stores. You spend a lot of time wondering what's next after my new Koaloha tenor. I just hope you have an auto feed system for the horses.

ceviche
04-05-2010, 11:02 AM
I know what you're talking about. Before I joined this forum, I was fine with my KoAloha for ten years. I join the forum and what happens? I end up getting an 8-string Kamaka tenor. Weird! I hope it stops at least for a couple of years. A KoAloha Concert or Tenor would be the next logical leap off the cliff. Don't you think? See? It's already happening again!

--Dave E.

SailQwest
04-05-2010, 11:29 AM
I spend an awful lot of time on UU as well, starting first thing in the morning.

I recently decided that I would try not to spend more time on UU than I did actually playing the ukulele, but it's hard!

Dane
04-05-2010, 10:35 PM
I spend an awful lot of time on UU as well, starting first thing in the morning.

I recently decided that I would try not to spend more time on UU than I did actually playing the ukulele, but it's hard!

There's nothing wrong with gathering information, just after a while it's a good idea to put the info to use haha

pulelehua
04-06-2010, 05:19 AM
A Kamaka concert, for strummin'??? And a Koaloha, for picking???

You must be doing all right, Huck.

What I'd give for either... Enjoy.

Strummingbird Stu
04-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Wow! Glad you brought the subject up. I was starting to think that there was something wrong with me for having to browse UU Forum several times every day! I'm relieved to know that there are others. I haven't contributed much dialog -- just a few times which I'm starting to feel bad about, but I sure enjoy reading everyone's comments and learning so much. I also suffer from UAS, but I love it!

Dane
04-06-2010, 10:40 PM
I kicked the UAS bug for a while, but its comin back strong, I want a baritone, and an acoustic electric tenor, and an 8 string haha. Sadly I cannot afford any of them, but its always ok when I go play my sweet baby, cuz she sounds soooo good =)