What is with UU Forum

Huckleberry

Reaction score
Got into Ukuleles in July 09, thanks to Brudda Iz, Bought my first Uke then. Joined the UU Forum in March 10, Since then bought two more Ukes. Got a case of UAS ( currently in abatement). And now the forum is like an itch. The more I scratch the more it itches.

My morning schedule is: get a cup of fresh coffee, check the news, check the stock market, then cruise the UU forum. I notice I am spending more time on the forum as I learn to use it better. Great info to be had.

Great mornings. I am retired so that is one of the bennies.

Count your blessings, Huckleberry. I wish I were retired (with a healthy income, of course).

Still got my nose to the grindstone, but enjoying the ukulele like always.

Keep uke-in',

Uncle Rod

Don't know what a healthy income is. Just scratching along trying to be frugal. I actually mean cheap.

Yeah, this place is just as addictive as the ukulele itself.

Got into Ukuleles in July 09, thanks to Brudda Iz, Bought my first Uke then. Joined the UU Forum in March 10, Since then bought two more Ukes. Got a case of UAS ( currently in abatement). And now the forum is like an itch. The more I scratch the more it itches.

My morning schedule is: get a cup of fresh coffee, check the news, check the stock market, then cruise the UU forum. I notice I am spending more time on the forum as I learn to use it better. Great info to be had.

Great mornings. I am retired so that is one of the bennies.
It only gets worse.
Pretty soon you skip the news and don't bother checking the market until there's a new uke you want to buy. You go right to the UU forum and also open the links to your favorite uke stores. You spend a lot of time wondering what's next after my new Koaloha tenor. I just hope you have an auto feed system for the horses.

I know what you're talking about. Before I joined this forum, I was fine with my KoAloha for ten years. I join the forum and what happens? I end up getting an 8-string Kamaka tenor. Weird! I hope it stops at least for a couple of years. A KoAloha Concert or Tenor would be the next logical leap off the cliff. Don't you think? See? It's already happening again!

--Dave E.

I spend an awful lot of time on UU as well, starting first thing in the morning.

I recently decided that I would try not to spend more time on UU than I did actually playing the ukulele, but it's hard!

There's nothing wrong with gathering information, just after a while it's a good idea to put the info to use haha

A Kamaka concert, for strummin'??? And a Koaloha, for picking???

You must be doing all right, Huck.

What I'd give for either... Enjoy.

Wow! Glad you brought the subject up. I was starting to think that there was something wrong with me for having to browse UU Forum several times every day! I'm relieved to know that there are others. I haven't contributed much dialog -- just a few times which I'm starting to feel bad about, but I sure enjoy reading everyone's comments and learning so much. I also suffer from UAS, but I love it!

I kicked the UAS bug for a while, but its comin back strong, I want a baritone, and an acoustic electric tenor, and an 8 string haha. Sadly I cannot afford any of them, but its always ok when I go play my sweet baby, cuz she sounds soooo good =)

Top Bottom