A Sunny Place, An Original Ukulele Song

Matt

Great song. Also great playing. If I may be so bold as to critic your video, couldn't get a good look at your uke. The light from the windows put you in shadows. Try sitting at 180 with the camera in front of windows. Otherwise, the video was spot on.

Matt

Great song. Also great playing. If I may be so bold as to critic your video, couldn't get a good look at your uke. The light from the windows put you in shadows. Try sitting at 180 with the camera in front of windows. Otherwise, the video was spot on.

Hi Huckleberry!
Thanks so much for watching the video and your kind words. I appreciate you pointing out the shadows obscuring the ukulele. I never even thought of that!

We have a two and a half year old and most of the time our style of home decore is a "just been burglarized" look! :D

When I started doing some YouTube videos this was the only spot in the house where I could sit where the camera wouldn't show some evidence of toddler-hood. I never really thought of the lighting aspect of sitting there. I just figured if I sat somewhere else my wife would wonder why I chose all of Eric's (our son) toys as a backdrop!

The other thing that bugs me is that I just use a little Flip to do these. Then I dump it into iMovie and it seems like every time I do that, either my ukulele (or guitar) is cut off or my head is cut off. I started erring on the side of cutting off my instrument as opposed to the top of my head but it would be nice to have both in the frame!

Thanks again!
Matt

Top Bottom