Broken Headstock

Pandora

Reaction score
I know this is a ukulele site and my ukulele is fine and great, but i opened up my gig bag for my guitar today to find the headstock broken off hanging from the strings. This was my first guitar costing about 200-300 but this is my only guitar right now, and want to be able to use it. Since it is not a high end guitar I figured professional repair would cost too much. Is there anything I can do to try and save my guitar or am I out of luck? The headstock is broken, splintered not clean, right past the end of the neck so all 6 pegs are still on one piece but broken away from the guitar. Thanks for any help!

Broken headstocks are an all too common occurance. Most luthiers can do a repair and many times the instrument is better than new.
I would suggest taking it in for an estimate, then make your decision as to whether to buy a new guitar or do the repair.
The used market is really soft right now so there are some great deals to be had on first class instruments.

As a side note to everyone: when instruments are put in a case make sure the headstock is supported. If the case falls the headstock is all too often broken.
Some cases have support built in to them, I like to wrap my strap in a small towel and tuck it under the headstock for support.

Let me guess... Gibson copy? Either replace the neck (if it's a bolt on), or it's a job for an experienced luthier.

no it's an Ibanez, but online i did see many many videos on Gibson copy problems. I'm getting it checked out tomorrow, and thanks for the advice sailinguke i'l make sure to do that from now on.

Top Bottom