How to prevent UAS...

Skrik

Reaction score
... give in to GAS:

tanglewood_tw-73&#118.jpg

It's a Tanglewood parlour, and I simply had to have it. Solid cedar top, solid mahogany back, laminated mahogany sides, herringbone purfling, maple bindings on top, back and neck, tastefully executed vintage sunburst. B-Band pickup/ preamp. Plays like a dream, and my fingers hurt more than they have for years.

Oh, and there won't be any more ukuleles for the rest of the year. :(

Nice! But....I gotta say, GAS is just a mutant strain of UAS (as in The Andromeda Strain!) Both are highly contagious and can prove fatal to your bank account!:uhoh:

That thing looks nice. I've been thinking about getting a smaller-bodied guitar at some point.

I don't know if its a cure, or not, but I have successfully put my UAS into remission by buying a box of mahogany lumber several weeks ago. There are probably at least a year's worth of self-built ukes in there, and I have promised myself I won't buy any more made by others until I build at least one of my own. The only problem is that now I have a form of luthier's disease called TAS (tool acquisition syndrome). Several tools followed me home last week. Instead of spending hours looking at internet uke-for-sale websites, I am now spending far too much time studying "Guitarmaking Tradition and Technology," which of course fuels my TAS. I have also been mapping out all the local hardwood suppliers on GoogleMaps lol. I barely have time to play my ukes anymore lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom