james hill uke clinic

grubblybubbly

Reaction score
i was at long and mcquade (vancouver) and i bought a uke, and the salesman told me that james hill was going to do a free ukulele clinic. i knew his name, but that was pretty much it, and when i did some research, i found out that he lives very close to me. i had no idea he was such a famous musician! so, i called L&M and got my name down on the list, and i am sooooooo excited! and proud too, being a vancouverite, and a canadian. after listening to some of his work, he has become an inspiration to me, and i can't wait to pick up my uke again!.

apparently, he has already done a clinic somewhere else in canada, and i was wondering if anybody knew about this.

thanks

I heard that he was doing one in Toronto and forgot all about it. It might have been tonight. It's supposed to be an awesome clinic from a super nice guy. Have fun!

IMHO James is the preeminent virtuoso on the instrument today. Remarkable technique, outstanding composer, excellent teacher and amazing performer. Do not miss a chance to take a workshop with him or see him perform. I won't.

Regards,
Ray

James did a clinic at the Bloor Street L&M last night and he is doing some school shows this week. I am going to see him today at 1:30pm at Hudson college here in the west end of Toronto. The guy is amazing and worth seeing in person for sure. I hope he does Bumblebee!

I just bought two of his albums last night. he's fantastic!

James is my favorite. He tops the list of players & teachers. He is also one of the nicest people I have ever met.
I strummed guitar and ukulele for 40 years until I took a James Hill class, I now play chords and melodies.
My whole style and approach to playing is now different.

James did a clinic at the Bloor Street L&M last night and he is doing some school shows this week. I am going to see him today at 1:30pm at Hudson college here in the west end of Toronto. The guy is amazing and worth seeing in person for sure. I hope he does Bumblebee!

He had those kids jumping up and down and rocking along with him. He did all I expected opening with "Uke Talk" the the "One Nore Samba" and my favorite "Flight of the Bumblebee". He went on to play a uke with chop sticks, did some rhytmn slapping, some sing-a-longs and finished with a distort pedal rendition of "Smoke on the Water" and some peices of AC/DC solos. Man can he rock!!!!

Top Bottom