Just a Hello to all

Nabo75

Reaction score
Hello all

im new to the ukulele, still waiting to get the ones i ordered. when i first tried to search for a ukulele to buy i did a canada only search, seeing as im from canada. well i found one type of ukulele, from beaver creek. i asumed it was a good ukulele:rolleyes: but i guess ill see once i get it lol.

unfortunalty i dont own a car and there is no bus service to where i live, so going to local music stores is a bit lets say tedious. and from what i gathered in other posts its not really the best option :uhoh:

i did though order another ukulele from kala, nice little suprano pineapple uke. hoping to get that today hopefully :p

i really love the comparison videos that are up from UKSOCIETY sorry for my (sp) lol. that soprano comparison is really cool they all sound really great. i always tend to think the more money you spend the better it has to be, but after watching that vid hey it honestly doesnt matter cause any uke has its own flavor.

i dont really have alot of playing the uke experiance. i do know a bit of guitar just a few cords. but i remeber long ago when i was in high school a friend of mine had a little saprano. i freaking loved that thing, so easy to play and plunk on. guess its taken me 12 years to realize i really wanted to get one :rock:

anyhow just thought ide say hello to the comunity i love all the info here, im hopeing to see more people put up there saprano comparisons. i really like that scale of uke. so small yet can sound like a lion playing the blues hehe

cheers all

Welcome to UU, Nabo!!

Yo Nabo(o), what's up?

Nice to hear you've gone ukuloco too :p I'm a big-fingered plunky guy, so I'm happy with tenors and GCEA baritones. But I love the sound of sopranos. Hope to hear you playing some time, bro!

Sounds like you've got the aloha up there in Canada, like I've got across the pond here in Ireland! Have fun here!

thanks for the warm welocme :) really looking forward to getting my uke's, really want to learn blues riffs, now if we only had some Led Zepplin tabs in the tab section :p well that is if you can consider some Led Zepplin as bluesy lol.

on a side note, with my limited transprotation and the fact that most music stores if i asked them do you have any ukulele's they would be like uhh :confused: i had a sudden brainstorm to check out a bunch of local pawn shops to see if i can find a gem. it wont be for a week or so but ill post, if i do find a gem. muahah i feel like Dr. Evil

Aloha and welcome to UU Nabo! So glad to have you here. I haven't even started playing the 'ukulele because I found one which I still have to buy and I am arranging for ukulele lessons too.

Top Bottom