What Uke, song, are you playing right now?

ukestang

Reaction score
Just wondering, and just for fun, what Uke and what song are you playing right now? Or last Uke and song you played. I am playing my Lanakai LU-21 TE, playing, kinda, Hey Bulldog. It's 6:36 est according to my atomic clock on the wall.

"Paris Nocturne" from Ukulele Mike on a borrowed KoAloha Sceptre at the KoAloha factory in Oahu.

Concert neck Surf Flea/Bushman Jenny concert.
Pua Lililehua, Willie and the Hand Jive, One Note Samba, Baltimore, Sunny.
Working up a short set to play for some friends tomorrow night along with a 4 song guitar set.

Regards,
Ray

uke: kala travel tenor
song: crosscurrent by Mr. Shimabukuro

Kamaka Concert - Sweet Pea, Europa

Ocean Deep by Andy Durant

(but I play it in G not E)

Mya-Moe Tenor classic

All those years ago - George Harrison

Trying to get down that F#m7. That fingering position is not so natural for me.

Just wondering, and just for fun, what Uke and what song are you playing right now? Or last Uke and song you played. I am playing my Lanakai LU-21 TE, playing, kinda, Hey Bulldog. It's 6:36 est according to my atomic clock on the wall.

This afternoon I did a video with my Enterline soprano CBU called "Tagged!". The next song I'll be doing will probably be "Sail Away" (from Fraggle Rock) on my soprano mahogany Eleuke. But I'll probably play around/practice other songs on several of my other ukes (see my .sig). I'm really drawn to my Denim Flea concert right now...

CountryMouse

What a great thread. I've seen 'What are you listening to right now' threads, but this is much better.

There are several songs I'm playing at the moment, but I can't tell you what they are as they are for upcoming videos.
Yes, It's been a while, but I'm finally getting some stuff done. And by telling you this, It'll make me get it done quicker.
Apart from those tunes I'm always playing 'I Will Survive' by Gloria Gaynor, just love playing it.

The ukes I'm playing these songs on are my Makala Dolphin soprano, Rich Wood tennor, Kala archtop tennor,
and Mainland mahogany concert
(prize from the “All Things Reggae” contest from a year ago! :eek: It's finally gonna feature in a video, sorry it took me so long).

Last edited:
I've been playing my KoAloha tenor with low G tuning and working on two songs, "Carter Blues" by the Original Carter Family, which was also recorded as an instrumental by Flatt & Scruggs and called "The False Hearted Lover". The other song is an old gospel number, "When They Ring Those Golden Bells".

Jude

Cool thread.

Somethin' Stupid (made famous by Frank and Nancy Sinatra) on the Kala travel concert ukulele I keep in my office.

"Creep" by Radiohead on my Kala lacewood/spruce tenor.

late lunch break, makala dolphin, (modded with a slotted headstock, tenor strings, just added a mahalo pickup- i love it and its just as well as it is completely unsaleable) tiki taane's 'always on my mind', and trying to sort out some picking lines to michael smith's 'agnus dei'

Trying a few Jazz standards on my Kala Jazz archtop. Stuff like Desifinado, Fly me to the Moon, Satin Doll etc.

Nice...

I was just playing along to Sinatra's "Summer Wind," "Summer Samba," "The Way You Look Tonight," "For once in my life," and "That's Life." I usually follow with some Bossa Nova. Tonight, I felt like playing my Pono koa tenor... nice and chill...

Top Bottom