PDA

View Full Version : "Rock That Uke" the 2003 movie Has anybody seen it?

cletus
04-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Just curious if anybody has actually seen the movie and their thoughts about it?

CountryMouse
04-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Just curious if anybody has actually seen the movie and their thoughts about it?

Yes, I actually asked for this DVD for Christmas and received it. DH and I watched it recently, and we were very disappointed. It makes almost everyone in the "documentary" look like an outsider and freak, very fringe and weird, which of course is a very bad reflection on the ukulele itself. The only good thing to come out of it for us was that we discovered the wonderful Janet Klein, who plays old-style 20's and 30's songs. We love her music!

CountryMouse

robbocx
04-09-2010, 05:49 PM
and we were very disappointed. It makes almost everyone in the "documentary" look like an outsider and freak, very fringe and weird, which of course is a very bad reflection on the ukulele itself.

Yes I bought the DVD and felt that it was having a go at us for playing the Uke.

wickedwahine11
04-09-2010, 06:55 PM
I didn't mind the outsider aspect but it really wasnt my style of music - too punk rock for me. Though with that title I should have expected that. I thought "The Mighty Uke" was a much better documentary.