"Rock That Uke" the 2003 movie Has anybody seen it?

cletus

Reaction score
Just curious if anybody has actually seen the movie and their thoughts about it?

Just curious if anybody has actually seen the movie and their thoughts about it?

Yes, I actually asked for this DVD for Christmas and received it. DH and I watched it recently, and we were very disappointed. It makes almost everyone in the "documentary" look like an outsider and freak, very fringe and weird, which of course is a very bad reflection on the ukulele itself. The only good thing to come out of it for us was that we discovered the wonderful Janet Klein, who plays old-style 20's and 30's songs. We love her music!

CountryMouse

and we were very disappointed. It makes almost everyone in the "documentary" look like an outsider and freak, very fringe and weird, which of course is a very bad reflection on the ukulele itself.

Yes I bought the DVD and felt that it was having a go at us for playing the Uke.

I didn't mind the outsider aspect but it really wasnt my style of music - too punk rock for me. Though with that title I should have expected that. I thought "The Mighty Uke" was a much better documentary.

Top Bottom