PDA

View Full Version : Ahnko Honu

seeso
04-09-2010, 07:07 AM
Some people have been asking me why he's been banned. He didn't do anything wrong. He requested the ban himself.

Here's a message he wanted to tell you all:

I honestly don't think anyone will notice BUT if they happen to, just say it was a self imposed exile while I prepare for my 4th back surgery, and subsequent recovery. Hopefully my last.

We wish you the best, Ji. Take care, good luck, and all my best to you and yours.

haole
04-09-2010, 07:16 AM
Glad to hear it wasn't because of a scandal or anything. He's one of the most well-liked people in these parts, and I hope the surgery and recovery go smoothly. As a fellow UU addict, I totally understand that a ban is the only way to get some folks to stop posting and focus on real life. :(

molokinirum
04-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Ahnko, I wish you all the best and pray that this surgery will be the last one!! Get well soon and looking forward to hearing from you again!!

itsme
04-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Of course we noticed! Ahnko, you have a lot of friends here. :)

Best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. You are welcome to come back any time.

mailman
04-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Ahnko, I feel your pain. I just got told this afternoon at the pain intervention center that the cortizone shots aren't working for my back, and it's time to get a referral to see a surgeon. I can't imagine what it must be like to have to go through this four times! Best of luck to you for a speedy recovery, and an end to your pain....

BadLands Bart
04-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Ahnko, I, like you have been through a back operation. I could not imagine going through it four times! I hope all goes well and this is the last time! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

AnnaUK
04-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Ahnko, wishing you the very best for your surgery. I hope it's successful and you are feeling better soon. We'll miss you. Here's to a fast recovery :)

Anna

CountryMouse
04-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Oh! Ahnko, I hope that you get through this surgery as smoothly and as painlessly as possible and that you have a quick, total recovery! Be glad when you return to UU! :-)

CountryMouse

ricdoug
04-09-2010, 09:04 PM
I wish Ahnko a speedy recovery. He's been dealing with back pain for quite a while. Ric

HaileISela
04-09-2010, 11:15 PM
I want to wish all the best to Ahnko, too. get well soon!

luvdat
04-10-2010, 12:01 AM
Ji, Prayers for a successful surgery and many years...

Sambient
04-10-2010, 12:44 AM
I was indeed wondering. Yes, it was noticed.
Wishing you well and hoping you'll check in anyway.

deach
04-10-2010, 02:37 AM
Sucks about your back. Hope surgery and recovery goes well.

SamUke
04-10-2010, 03:48 AM
Be praying for you Ahnko.

Ronnie Aloha
04-10-2010, 04:44 AM
Ahnko, my thoughts are with you. I enjoyed reminiscing about the old Windward side with you. You brought backs memories of such an innocent time in my life when swimming in rivers and picking and eating wild strawberry guavas were the norm. Wishing you a pirate mask from Tiki Tops upon your recovery!

pithaya9
04-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Ahnko you are missed. Hope all goes well and you return to the Underground soon.

Jack

buddhuu
04-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Hope your recovery is quick and complete, brother. Take care. :)

austin1
04-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Best wishes, hang in there, hope we see you around soon!

WhenDogsSing
04-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Positive energy being sent your way...Hope you have a quick and complete recovery...!!!

nikolo727
04-11-2010, 06:15 PM
hopefully all will go well. best of luck to ahnko

seeso
04-14-2010, 10:20 AM
I've just received some bad news from Ahnko. His email is reprinted below:

Aloha Seeso,
Mahalo for the thread, please thank all those with positive comments for their support, it is greatly appreciated. My surgery was pre-approved by the State of Hawai'i my former employer 2 weeks ago and scheduledd for the 27th of this month but yesterday I received notice that they reneged on the approval and sent notice to my surgeon that the surgery was denied. I already had my pre-surgery physical and was all psyched out about it but now looks like it will have to be settled in court and who knows how long that will take. To say I'm pissed is an understatement. Anyway, that's where I stand currently, but appreciate all the support.

Much mahalos, Ji

Coconut Willie
04-14-2010, 10:33 AM
I've just received some bad news from Ahnko. His email is reprinted below:

That sux!!!! Typical of the govt to reneg. Hang in there Ahnko, it will all work out in the end!

mds725
04-14-2010, 01:42 PM
That does suck. I hope you can get the treatment you need.

(This would never have happened to Rush Limbaugh. Why do we let for-profit insurance companies make medical decisions and why are we so afraid to to reform health insurance so that doctors can make those decisions?)

warndt
04-14-2010, 02:37 PM
mds725 " (This would never have happened to Rush Limbaugh. Why do we let for-profit insurance companies make medical decisions and why are we so afraid to to reform health insurance so that doctors can make those decisions?) "

What an ignorant statement. At what point is it mandated that a Physician not be compensated for their own ambition, monetary investment and skill...and that all should be either pro gratis or at a diminished government wage? Do you not EXPECT parity compensation in your own vocation?

mds725
04-14-2010, 06:38 PM
What an ignorant statement. At what point is it mandated that a Physician not be compensated for their own ambition, monetary investment and skill...and that all should be either pro gratis or at a diminished government wage? Do you not EXPECT parity compensation in your own vocation?

This is totally off-topic, but I can't let you get away with completely reinterpreting what I said to make your own point. Read a little more carefully. Nowhere do I say the doctor should perform the procedure for free. I don't care that the doctor wants to be paid for his or her services. What I objected to was an insurance company bureaucrat who has never even met Ahnko, let alone examined him, deciding that he does not need a procedure that Ahnko's own doctor apparently does think he does need. I'm troubled that in a for-profit insurance company, the people who get rewarded are the ones who save the company money by saying no, even if the patient's very own doctor says yes. I'd prefer to have my doctor decide what I need, but if it has to be someone else, I'd rather it isn't someone who knows he's more likely to keep his job if he says no.

Uke Republic
04-15-2010, 12:37 AM
Wishing you all the best Ji. Looking forward to seeing your post again. We miss you

Melissa82
04-15-2010, 12:49 AM
I think some people need to cut it out. This is not the place for such conversations. Have some respect, please.

ukeshale
04-15-2010, 01:09 AM
I think some people need to cut it out. This is not the place for such conversations. Have some respect, please.

+1

All the best to Ji. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things work out as soon as possible.

Sambient
04-15-2010, 01:54 AM
What crappy news. Count me in as pissed on your behalf. I hope your pain is somewhat managable while this gets sorted out.

hoosierhiver
04-15-2010, 04:46 AM
Good Luck Ji! We are all thinking about you.

molokinirum
04-15-2010, 04:54 AM
Good Luck Ji! We are all thinking about you.

Yes Ji, good luck and I truely hope and pray that the correct decisions are made and you can get the proper medical attention that is needed.

UkuLeLesReggAe
04-15-2010, 05:34 AM
back pain ?! arghhh.. :(

well all the best, quick recovery, and take care of yourself @!

Pueo
04-15-2010, 11:45 AM
I too wish Ji a speedy recovery. It was a pleasure meeting him in Hawaii.

Spooner
04-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Lots of Pineapple Power headed out your way Ahnko!
As someone who suffered a back injury and had to fight similar battles..I can totally relate!
All the best bruddah!

Dominator
04-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Best wishes for a speedy and successful recovery.