How long did your ukulele take to ship?

Tiger

Reaction score
I ordered a ukulele on monday from MGM and I'm now in the epic waiting period. I know it says 3-8 days on ebay but that's such a broad time period.

How long did you have to wait?

I ordered by phone from Mike late Friday afternoon, got an email 2 hours later with a tracking number, and received my package by 2 o'clock on Tuesday. Tuned it up, bada bing bada boom... I remain 1000 % pleased.

I ordered by phone from Mike late Friday afternoon, got an email 2 hours later with a tracking number, and received my package by 2 o'clock on Tuesday. Tuned it up, bada bing bada boom... I remain 1000 % pleased.

hopefully mine will come in tomorrow :)

My Bader pineapple concert from J and S crafts took 31 days!!!!! Way to go USPS!!!!

shipping times can vary w my shipments. I ship most everything even if it says ground except cases ets 2nd day air ups but they do not deliver nor count weekends as partof they days and we do have a two day handling period. Sometimes they got out instantly as we pre setup as many as we can but have always at least a daily backlog of 20 or more ukuleles to setup everyday. ukes without cases ship[priority and that can take 5 postal days or even a day or two longer as usps guarantees nothing abnd sometimes routes things wrong

Last edited:
I've only place one order with MGM (but will gladly order again when the time comes). I think I got it in 3-4 days.

Jason

I ordered a ukulele on monday from MGM and I'm now in the epic waiting period. I know it says 3-8 days on ebay but that's such a broad time period.

How long did you have to wait?

What you just joined today to bitch, get real.

shipping times can vary w my shipments. I ship most everything even if it says ground except cases ets 2nd day air ups but they do not deliver nor count weekends as partof they days and we do have a two day handling period. Sometimes they got out instantly as we pre setup as many as we can but have always at least a daily backlog of 20 or more ukuleles to setup everyday. ukes without cases ship[priority and that can take 5 postal days or even a day or two longer as usps guarantees nothing abnd sometimes routes things wrong

Wow that's pretty complicated, thanks for taking the time to dress up the ukes nicely :)

Wow. Nice guy. I don't think he was "bitching" so much as wondering. It's hard to wait for something you really want to show up in the mail, and that "3-8 days" seems to take forever.

Last edited:

I wanted a ukulele since Christmas but my parents couldnt afford it. I've been on this site since then but never felt like posting anything , now that my birthday is coming up and I can finally have one I've been just rushed by excitement, sorry if i came off negative...

I wanted a ukulele since Christmas but my parents couldnt afford it. I've been on this site since then but never felt like posting anything , now that my birthday is coming up and I can finally have one I've been just rushed by excitement, sorry if i came off negative...

I can understand your excitement but it's just that I've seen alot of people join and start to post negitive on here. MGM in no way try and keep your new ukulele from you. You can always email MGM with any questions he has always replied very fast to me. Sorry if I was too harsh.

Last edited:
I can understand your excitement but it's just that I've seen alot of people join and start to post negitive on here. MGM in no way try and keep your new ukulele from you. You can always email MGM with any questions he has always replied very fast to me. Sorry if I was too harsh.

Thanks for apologizing, but your initial comment was way too harsh. If you can't express yourself respectfully, I'd prefer that you not comment at all. Thanks.

I remember the days when i was just a buyer i ordered a strat guitar on ebay and shipping wa pretty high...welll got to me 6 weeks later parcel post On mainland parcel post is usually no longer than 11 postal days..... from there to hawaii 3 to 6 weeks what a bummer.

I've gotten strings from Hawai'i in two days, but it took about 5 to get my KoAloha via 2nd-day air because it sat in the local UPS facility all weekend. It's hard to say. But you'll experience the waiting game many times once you're hooked on ukulele and you find yourself ordering more. ;)

Tiger

Don't feel alone. I ordered mine from MGM last Friday and was on pins and needles all weekend. Got an email from UPS that it would be delivered this past Wednesday so I stayed home all day waiting.
I live on 5 acres and I can't see the front gate unless I stand by a window or sit out on the back porch. I depend on my dogs barking to let me know when someone is at the gate. Well, my dogs were fast asleep and no bark. UPS came and left a note that they would be back on Thursday. That was a long wait. Thursday I got a good book and some beer and waited on the porch. I know what your going through.

Am I getting wordy in my old age or what??

Ooh, the wait for a new instrument. That is a painful time!

I feel for you, Tiger. ;)

If you want something quick, either to or from Hawaii, request USPS Express Mail. 48 hour delivery time or your money back. And if delivery is late by as little as an hour, your money is cheerfully refunded. On the spot! And they work on Saturdays. I ship all my ukes this way and am extremely pleased. My customers don't mind spending a couple of extra bucks for good service, especially for a high end uke.
I ordered a couple of computers this week and had them shipped UPS Overnight. If it comes on Monday that'll make it 5 days. UPS is ridiculously slow and expensive for the service they provide. I'm not a fan. Now I know why they drive a big brown truck.

Top Bottom