Here's a little fretboard note chart that might help =)

Dane

Reaction score
I was trying to find a chart with the notes and such so that I could print it and put it on my wall, but all of the ones I found were vertical, and I wanted it oriented to how I see my instrument! So I made my own, and this one has 19 frets! (I play a tenor with 19 frets) And this is for C-Tuning. I hope this helps some of you

I apologize to whoever I stole all the colors for the notes from and such, I hope you take no offense, I just 'improved' it a little bit =)

ukefretboardcopy.jpg

I used part of one of the images of the uke from this URL : http://www.acousticvibesmusic.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=170_171

And the image which I stole the colors from is from this URL : http://www.nutthouse.com.au/ukulele/chords.html

Last edited:
I recently printed this out in small form and taped it to the backside of my uke body, which has been really helpful in my creative process.

I've been reading the uke music in my 365 Daily Ukulele and I'm wondering about the notes that fall below the staff lines. Immediately below are C and D which are on the third string (the C string) but the notes below those are the B and A which when written up higher on the paper refer to the B and A on the first (or A) string. This holds true for the D and C as well. So here's my question. The B and A that are below the lines are played where on the fretboard? Did I mention that I'm new to reading music and have been teaching myself how to play this way? BTW, this visual is really nice. Thanks for posting it.

Beachdog,
the B, A (and G) would apply to using a low G string. They would sound an octave higher on a uke with high G.

Bill

Beachdog,
the B, A (and G) would apply to using a low G string. They would sound an octave higher on a uke with high G.

Bill

So, in the high G tuning (which is what I believe I have) the B on the G string (4th fret) would sound the same as the B on the A string (2nd fret). Correct? If so, will the sound integrity of the piece be compromised or is it going to sound okay being an octave higher?

So, in the high G tuning (which is what I believe I have) the B on the G string (4th fret) would sound the same as the B on the A string (2nd fret). Correct? If so, will the sound integrity of the piece be compromised or is it going to sound okay being an octave higher?

Correct - the lowest note on a high-G tuned uke is the open C string (which is tuned to middle C, the C that falls below the staff line). So any pieces that are written with notes lower than that would need to be played on a low-G tuned uke to get the right notes.

Mahalo Dane!

Correct - the lowest note on a high-G tuned uke is the open C string (which is tuned to middle C, the C that falls below the staff line). So any pieces that are written with notes lower than that would need to be played on a low-G tuned uke to get the right notes.

Hmmmm, food for thought...and a good reason for UAS! :D Thanks for the info!

whenever I look at sheet music, I think of a Piano. I think of the notes in the lines as middle C area, below the lines I think of the next octave of notes to my left (lower notes) and any notes above the lines I think of the next octave to my right (higher notes)

I hope I'm correct, but this is often when making arrangements for ukulele can be difficult, and many converted ukulele songs will move up the fretboard quite a bit. You might ask questions like this to Dominator, or Ken Middleton, both of them do a lot of arrangement making.

Top Bottom