Beginning Beginner

hautjobb

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've never learned to play a musical instrument. My friend plays acoustic guitar and recently got a ukulele as a gift. I've been watching and listening to him play. He's shown me how to strum... a little bit anyway.
Basically, I'm hooked. :D
I going to purchase one - a Lanakai Concert LU-21C.
I've been reading that the first thing I should do is buy new strings, but to be careful as it's easy to buy the wrong strings. I seem to read a lot about Worth and Aquila strings. High G? Low G? I don't know which strings to buy. Any suggestions and experience would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry so long. My first experience in learning music. I just want to start out right and have fun. Thanks in advance.
- Daniel

deach has said it, there is a lot of info on strings and things to be found here. Perhaps you can track the writer of this review and ask what strings he/she uses.

Good luck and have fun plucking your ukulele!

edit: See below > there you go.

Last edited:
I'm using WORTH BM's on my LU-21C and am very happy with them. They have a nice mellow sound. However, other than the GHS strings that came with the Uke, they are the only strings I have had any experence with. Hope that helps.

Top Bottom