BJ Penn Loses?!?!?

MeanGreenUker

Reaction score
It was a very close fight, according to the Electronic Fightmetric activity stats BJ penn landed more power shots and strikes then Frankie also more overall strikes and octagon control. I say penn should of won but the UFC judges seem not to like Penn and , Penn is going to come back animal now also he took the fight with a knee injury. Frankie did have a good game plan and was wicked quick.

It was a very close fight, according to the Electronic Fightmetric activity stats BJ penn landed more power shots and strikes then Frankie also more overall strikes and octagon control. I say penn should of won but the UFC judges seem not to like Penn and , Penn is going to come back animal now also he took the fight with a knee injury. Frankie did have a good game plan and was wicked quick.

The UFC probably needs more $$ .. .

I have yet to see the fight since I was in the mountains far away from a TV. My brother and I always watch the fights together. Reminds ame a little of Machida and Shogun with the decisions????

I have yet to see the fight since I was in the mountains far away from a TV. My brother and I always watch the fights together. Reminds ame a little of Machida and Shogun with the decisions????

You are right haolejohn. It seems that the UFC now looks out for the $$$. Since the UFC is very popular, the worry of attracting a large fan base is now out of the way and thay can focus solely on making the big $$$. I also thought Penn was the winner, but the bout was a close one. This just sets up a big rematch with the super big $$$.

You are right haolejohn. It seems that the UFC now looks out for the $$$. Since the UFC is very popular, the worry of attracting a large fan base is now out of the way and thay can focus solely on making the big $$$. I also thought Penn was the winner, but the bout was a close one. This just sets up a big rematch with the super big $$$.

Thats one thing I didnt want with the UFC. The friggen POLITICS. I remember back when MMA was just a small, backyard, get together with an occassional KO. Now it looks like MMA is heading WWE's direction, just another garbage show. . .. Maybe .. . .Or maybe im just agitated BJ lost.

Thats one thing I didnt want with the UFC. The friggen POLITICS. I remember back when MMA was just a small, backyard, get together with an occassional KO. Now it looks like MMA is heading WWE's direction, just another garbage show. . .. Maybe .. . .Or maybe im just agitated BJ lost.

No, I feel the same way....I am starting to see signs of the WWE.

There are a multitude of things that were factors in the fight. I thought BJ was more effective with his jab and decisively lost only 1 round ( the 5th). I actually had it 48-48 with a 10-10 4th round but since It was a very close one, but I did fully expect BJ to pull the win from the judges.

Reports were BJ has a sinus infection and was on antibiotics at the time.

The real issue here is that, because they were in Abu Dhabi, there was no sanctioning body, so the UFC brough their own judges and officials that they selected from various areas.

Doug Crosby, from New Jersey, scored the bout 50-45, which is all 5 rounds to Frank Edgar. We all know that is about as heinous a decision as any even if you thought Frankie won the fight.

Post fight, he went on the UG and bashed everyone who criticized his score card. Worst of all this isn't the first time he's been a judge and turned in a horrible scorecard.

As for the money issue, the UFC is fine, each PPV rakes in millions of dollars and the whole reason they ran this show in Abu Dhabi is because Zuffa just sold 10% of their company to Flash Entertainment, a company based in Abu Dhabi. The valuation of Zuffa was likely over $1 billion. so 10% is around $100M dollars.

Doug Crosby, from New Jersey, scored the bout 50-45, which is all 5 rounds to Frank Edgar. We all know that is about as heinous a decision as any even if you thought Frankie won the fight.

Heinous indeed. BJ is a hardcharger. I heard reports of him also fighting GSP while ill as well. He's a true warrior.

Heinous indeed. BJ is a hardcharger. I heard reports of him also fighting GSP while ill as well. He's a true warrior.

that and hes the champ, cant really back down when you got that belt.

and damn frankie edgar is faaaaast

Top Bottom