Sold first uke

Vic D

Reaction score
Sold my first uke. Excited and freaking out at the same time. Actually a friend bought another uke I'm building... so that's two. This is like a real job though... gotta stay busy and be on it every day to get things done. I've had a lot of setbacks and that's par for the course for me... but I'm kinda stoked about it all. I think this is what I do. At 44, it's about time...

Congrats Vic. I think that's great.
That changes your status you know. Now that you've actually sold a uke you've gone from amateur hobbyist to "Pro'.
Outstanding! Something so enjoyable in the doing yet one can make a few bucks (to buy more wood?).

Hey Vic, that's great news. Congratulations!

Did you make it on order, or did you do it on good luck and then sell it to the "best bidder"?

Congrats Vic! Got a pic of the one you sold?? Did you sell it to someone you know, or a shop, or ebay, etc..?? Awesome to hear man! Next thing you know, you'll need to get a website up and running for your uke factory :)

Congrats Vic. You do some good work. All the time and hard work payed off.

Congrats Vic. I think that's great.
That changes your status you know. Now that you've actually sold a uke you've gone from amateur hobbyist to "Pro'.
Outstanding! Something so enjoyable in the doing yet one can make a few bucks (to buy more wood?).

Oh there's no way I'm pro yet but I'm working to get there. Yes, more wood!

Kick ass, bro! You finish that poplar one? Pics?

Alas, the poplar is hanging ready to be sprayed for the umpteenth time. Everything everyone said about waterbase lacquer is true. I've had to carefully sand back down to the wood because of the "witness lines" that Pete spoke of. Then I fought with dust and trash and a malfunctioning harbor freight gun... gonna shoot it again today.

Top Bottom