Song Help Request Honky Tonk Woman Riffs by the Rolling Stones

Reno Dave

Reaction score
Does anybody have the tabs or riffs for "Honky Tonk Woman" by the Rolling Stones? I have the chords for the song in the key of G.

Oscar Schmidt OU6-LCE
Lanakai CK-T

Here is the arrangement I have come up with:
intro: G C D7 D9 D7 G x2
Verse: G C C9
G A D D7 D9 D
G C C9
G D** G G7 G6 G

Chorus: G D** G G7 G6 G
D** G G7 G6 G
G D** G G7 G6 G
D** G G7 G6 G

D** "long D" 2225

Play it in F - basically it's a country blues song with the chords F-Bb-C.
In F you can use the G string for the thematic run:
And when playing Bb use the C string:
and so on. Me, I prefer the Country Honk version.

I don't know about the riffs, but the performance doesn't get any better than this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7ZUYfGxyl0&playnext_from=TL&videos=YbXSNTF56ow&feature=sub

Wow!

Very honored, and above all very happy you enjoyed it!

If it can help, you have many ukulele version of the licks guitar part... a quick YT search with the song title and the word ukulele...and you'll find many friends who have great vids... if you didn't already do it, of course!

It's true that song is an open G song, great for slide guitar... but i'm: sure it's good to slide on uke too!

a guitar link http://www.azchords.com/r/rollingstones-tabs-3359/honkytonkwomen1-tabs-35666.html

Little6ster - I had made a comment about the excellent use of chunking in this song on your YT channel, under my smyrna5 screen name. After listening to it again, I can't figure out if you are chunking on that song, or its a drum in the background. Either way, it sure works.

Last edited:
I looked at that video of Little 6ster playing Honky Tonk Woman. That is a stunning performance! It has lots of heart and soul in it. I payed attention to the little in between riffs. Thank you for sharing that awesome performance with us.

Little6ster - I had made a comment about the excellent use of chunking in this song on your YT channel, under my smyrna5 screen name. After listening to it again, I can't figure out if you are chunking on that song, or its a drum in the background. Either way, it sure works.

Yes I'm chunking...no drum, and now i can tell you that I've post it with a lot of frustration because I did want to make a version with drums and slide Uke but my audio line is dead and it happened exactly when I started to work on it! so only webcam mic to do it :°(

Yes I'm chunking...no drum, and now i can tell you that I've post it with a lot of frustration because I did want to make a version with drums and slide Uke but my audio line is dead and it happened exactly when I started to work on it! so only webcam mic to do it :°(

Just totally awesome. I suppose the standard of a good chunk should be when its so good people think you have a rythm section behind you.

Top Bottom