Need Ukulele Recomendation ASAP! Kala Ka-15S or Lanikai LU-21

mcshift

Reaction score
A vote for the Kala 15-S. The intonation on those things...a great value...

I also vote for the Kala. BTW, check out MGM as he sells tons of Kalas with a great setup and aquila strings, all at a good price.

Man, too bad you didnt get in on the Amazon Gold Box deals a couple weeks ago. I bought my daughter the LU-21 for $35 bucks.. A steal.. I would go with the Kala since these guys have experience with it, and recommend it. But, I couldn't pass up the LU-21 for my daughter for $35 thats why I got that, and it is a pretty nice little throw down Uke..

I am quite happy with my Kala and with MGMs service.

I don't use PayPal, so no MGM eBay shop for me.

Anybody got a second suggested source for setting up a new Kala 15S? Surely MusicGuyMike can't be the only source online for good uke service.

Any suggestions?

How 'bout UU member Mim... http://www.mimsukes.com/

I have LU 21s that I can get your a good price on, but no Kala 15-S. If you PM me your budget, I can tell you all the options I have. From what you wrote here are some other considerations: I also have some Ohana SK-10s which are a lot like the 15S, but I think a little better. They will cost the same. If you want some "razzle dazzle" for a little more I have some Ohana SK-15s in Blue, Red, and Green (it is a transparent finish and looks sharp). I know LU 21s automatically come out of the box with Aquilas on them, I am sure the Kalas do too, I just never ordered any because I already had a ton of LU-21s and Ohanas. From the looks of it, the Kala looks just like the Ohana Sk-10. Ohana SK-10 s dont come with Aquilas... BUT I will throw some on there for you :). That comes with it. I think I already have one Aquilas strung in the shop and one with GHS. Some people like the sound of the GHS on the mahoganies. I also have some Makai UK-55 ukuleles as well. Baically the same thing as the Ohana SK-10, but with Makai on the headstock. Sometimes it comes down to what brand marking you like the look of.

Did I overwhelm you yet with information? Haha! I have a tendency...

Anyway... PM me or write me at mimontheuke (at) aol (dot) com if you have any questions. You can even call me. My contact info is on mimsukes.com . Just ignore the fact that my site is so sad right now. I am getting some new web building software soon! Woo hoo!

Oh, and also Mike at Uke Republic is great too!! If you really want the Kala 15 he may have them in.

MGM sold me a Kala uke over the phone with my credit card. No payPal involved, yeah!

Top Bottom