Kudos to KoAloha again

Uke-lahoma

Reaction score
A few months ago, I bought a Pineapple Sunday, but noticed a little buzz after a while. I contacted Brian at KoAloha, and he suggested I send it back for them to look at. It turned out that it had a twist in its neck. Thanks to their "Better than the Weather" warranty, they offered to build me a new PS in the next batch of them. Along they way, Papa KoAloha (Alvin) decided to reintroduce the quilted soundboard (rather than the laser-etched soundboard).

Yesterday, Brian contacted me to let me know that my PS is almost ready to ship, and sent me some pics, which I have attached. I also really like the new look of the bridge. KoAloha has a customer for life in me!

PS1.jpg

PS2.jpg

Last edited:
KoAloha="ClassAct" !

*Drool* That is a very nice Pineapple Sunday! While they're all nice, these newest models are really what I think are the best looking. Love the new bridge!!!
Cheers!
Skottoman

Oh man is that uke a thing of beauty!!! Yes, I like that bridge as well!!! Can't beat that KoAloha customer service.
Congrats!!!!

Argh! You stole my thunder!! I took some photos of the new Pineapple Sundays, complete with their new bridges when I took their factory tour on Thursday. Sigh, my fault for having no way to upload the photos to UU or my blog until I get back home on the 17th.

Just kidding, congratulations. I'm very jealous of you. I really like the new bridge style a lot, and I actually wish mine had it. But I think a 5th Pineapple Sunday is out of the question for me, so I'm stuck with the one I have now.

It is really beautiful, I'm glad that KoAloha came through for you...you have a wonderful uke and you are a lucky guy. :)

That is the best bridge since the bowtie, no doubt. I do like the bowtie better. I do like the abalone fret markers, I wish mine had those (I have mother of pearl).

Is the back book-matched? Mine is solid.

Very nice looking Pineapple Sunday!

Beautiful. I plan to own a Koaloha someday, probably a sceptre though.

I just purchased a Koaloha Pineapple Sundae Tenor from MGM. I bought it as soon as Mike listed it. It was advertised as one of the first Pineapple Sundays made back in the embossed rather than lasered style top...also considered a one of kind prototype as the bridge size was being tested. The bridge design is slightly larger than what they eventually decided to use on new embossed models. The newer production models also have a small set of "crown" points on each end of the bridge. I've been waiting for a Sceptre, but could'nt pass up the opportunity to get this rare beauty. I will also have it wired at the factory for amplification. The perfect companion to my electric Koaloha Tenor.
4519046985_7652d5017e.jpg

4519046991_0724a8253b.jpg

4519047001_d825264227.jpg

4519734596_f7f0f05bf4_o.jpg

Last edited:
It was advertised as one of the first Pineapple Sundays made back in the embossed rather than lasered style top...also considered a one of kind prototype as the bridge size was being tested. The bridge design is slightly larger than what they eventually decided to use on new embossed models.

Congratulations on purchasing a beautiful ukulele but I hate to break it to you but your bridge, although rare, is not one of a kind. As you can see, my Pineapple Sunday has the exact same unique bridge style. But I haven't seen any other than ours. My guess is since Papa KoAloha usually makes them in a batch that maybe ours was the only batch with this bridge. So maybe there are 10 or 12 like ours. Perhaps Paul can let us know...
mypineapple.jpg

Back in January, I bid on a beautiful Pineapple Sunday on ebay and won. Right after the auction ended, I paid with Paypal immediately, and sent the seller a question asking what kind of strings were on it and how old they were. No reply. Two days later, I sent the question again. No reply. When I finally received the PS 10 days later, it had a pronounced buzz on the C,E, and A strings. Given the fact that the seller never responded to my questions about the strings, I felt that she new about the problem but never disclosed it. So I called KoAloha to trouble shoot. Brian told me that they would extend the lifetime "better than the weather" waranty to me, even though I had purchased it second hand and to send it back to them, at their cost. He said that they would repair it for free. If there was a problem with the neck, they would build me another one N/C. Fortunately, the neck was not twisted and Brian was able to raise the action at the nut and shipped it back to me. No more Buzz.

I did send Brian a small thank you gift for the fantastic service. This was my third KoAloha and have since bought a fourth, a crown bridge tenor. Not only are they a fantastic company to deal with, IMO they make some of the best sounding ukuleles on the market. I am a customer for life!

its beautiful! man i need some cash for one of these babies!

Congratulations on purchasing a beautiful ukulele but I hate to break it to you but your bridge, although rare, is not one of a kind. As you can see, my Pineapple Sunday has the exact same unique bridge style. But I haven't seen any other than ours. My guess is since Papa KoAloha usually makes them in a batch that maybe ours was the only batch with this bridge. So maybe there are 10 or 12 like ours. Perhaps Paul can let us know...
mypineapple.jpg

Thanks Wickedwahine. I mis-quoted the description as it is listed as "one of the first with this bridge style". Also states "This is considered a transitional model as the bridge design is slightly larger than what they eventually decided to use on new embossed models." and "considered a one of kind as the bridge size was being tested" It would seem like there are only a few. Hang on to it!!

Top Bottom