Got a Decent Pic

AC Baltimore

Reaction score
As promised... a better photo of my two jewels. They ain't all that but I love them. Kudos to Oscar Schmidt for outstanding customer service. Kudos to MGM and Kala for me not needing CS lol.

I'd have to say the Kala is my fav, though I do like the slightly fatter neck on the OS. I am not sure if it is size or the OS having a gloss finish... but the Kala breathes and resonates much more to my ears. The OS is dandy for traditional slap rhythms and classic uke sounds... otherwise I reach for the Kala.

My next move is an Ohana Tenor from MGM.

ukes.jpg

beautiful. what is the wood on that kala? flamed mahogany?

AC, I see you are from the Baltimore area. I heard the Appalachian Bluegrass Shope in Catonsville had "uke" get-togethers on Saturdays. Just wondering if you have you ever been?

AC, I see you are from the Baltimore area. I heard the Appalachian Bluegrass Shope in Catonsville had "uke" get-togethers on Saturdays. Just wondering if you have you ever been?

I have only recently started playing uke and didn't know of this even, thanx for the heads up. I do believe I have been in the shop though... isn't it right down the street from Bill's muisic?

Heading west on Frederick Ave. the shop is on the left a block before Bill's. He usually has a good number of ukes for this area - mainly Lanakais. He had a Fluke, some customs and a Martin soprano along with some very inexpensive sopranos (can't remember the brand) in different colors. It is worth stopping in to see. Bring a tuner because they are all out of tune. Watch the price though since he seems to have everything priced at list (which can be substantially more than you can get it online). He does have a nice selection of uke books in two different racks (again he charges the price listed on the book cover - a lot more than Amazon). They are friendly and will let you handle and play the ukes. I saw a poster in the window about uke gatherings on Saturdays to practice songs and share knowledge. That was several months ago though. I have never been and just wondered since you were closer than me if you had been.

Top Bottom