Hofner ukes

ichadwick

Reaction score
Anyone have any information on Hofner ukulels? When they made them, woods, sizes, etc.? Nothing at all on the Hofner home site.

I've learned Hofner made ukes fairly recently, but I’m still looking them up online for some dates to see if they still do. According to www.vintagehofner.co.uk/gallery/gallery2/bluegrass.html they made them as early as 1963 and as late as 1973 (based on catalogue entries).

Tiki King has a pic of a "Hofner bass uke" at www.tikiking.com/borders/borders_pic16.html. This, however, may be this instead of a real Hofner: www.grazianoukuleles.com/violin_bari.html. That pic, by the way, set off another episode of the dreaded UAS I thought I had finally got under control.

The only images I’ve seen show them with spruce tops. My son-in-law recently sent me a photo of one that seems to have a mahogany top. I found a similar one here: maccaferri.almkerk.com/Hofner_ukelele.htm. But no other pics, so far.

Tiki King's database at www.tikiking.com/uke_database.html has nothing on them, although he does have Hohner.

As a bassist and big McCartney fan, I would LOVE that Hofner bass-shaped uke. I'd also love a Hofner bass!

I believe that they were rebranded Brukos.

I used to own a Hofner baritone ukulele. It was indeed basically a Bruko ukulele that had a paper Hofner label inside.

I have a Hofner Ukulele that I'm looking to sell. Mohagony with a maple neck (looks just like the one in the picture maccaferri.almkerk.com/Hofner_ukelele.htm posted by ichadwick) It's a beautiful instrument.

Dave Talsma is hurting my brain.

Top Bottom