Back after a long break

bazmaz

Reaction score
Hello again, not been on in a while due to other commitments, but now back with a vengeance!

Also been updating my ukulele blog - feel free to comment

http://gotaukulele.blogspot.com/

Hi Paul, and welcome back. I wondered where you had disappeared to.

I thought you might be interested to know that the Mainland concert you had a "glitch" with, and was replaced by Eagle Music - well, I bought it from Mike (Hoosier Hiver), and have made a slanted saddle, which makes it play in tune, all the way up.

It is a really fine sounding instrument, and when I look it in the eye, I love the way it looks back at me with a cheeky, crooked grin!

All the best,

John Colter.

wow - strange how things go around, and pleased you like it.

I do like the slotted headstock I now have, but kinda wish I still had that straight headstock - just love the binding on it and the tuners are nicer.

Ho hum - great great instruments though.

Just ordered me a cheap banjolele - i hear rumours Mike is due to release a Mainland banjolele - that will then mean TWO banjoleles in my house!

ps - hope the blog is of interest - i wanna try and put useful ramblings up there for anyone to read.

Last edited:
Where'd you get a cheap banjolele?

got the banjolele from Highly Strung in UK. I say cheap - £150, but cheap compared to the prices they can go up to for Gold Tones and the like

rainbow strings - cool!

That said, i went through a phase of being quite anal about strings, and have tried loads and loads on my Mainland (my blog explains some of the messing around)

I am now settled (I think) on the Martin Flourocarbons which give me the nice mix of chiming sound without being super fat, or going out of tune.

Hey Paul, good to see ya back!

Welcome back Paul.

wow! thanks for the warm welcomes back! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Just don't make a habit of disappearing - you won't get this every time!

JC.

Top Bottom