I got new uke! Ohana SK-35

alicecat

Reaction score
EXCITING EXCITING! After being in custom limbo for one week ('sorry Madam, we don't know when we will finish the inspection, Easter, blah blah, we had a strike, blah blah, we are a lot behind, blah blah'), I finally get to meet my new uke this morning!
I already got a Mahalo cheapo U2K purple, but this Ohana really shows me what a uke is supposed to be like, it plays like butter, the sound is wonderful.
I swear there are chords that I struggled on Mahalo cheapo, I can play it on Ohana without problem. I can't believe a decent ukulele really does make a big difference for beginner to learn to play properly.
Having said that, Mahalo cheapo is really good for people to decide if they like to play at all. Also, I will stick to bringing the cheapo out on the beach, to the park, etc. I can't imagine bringing a solid wood uke to the beach in case someone step on it or anything.
Anyway, thanks MGM for your great job, it is a wonderful ukulele nicely set up, I can't put it down!

Pic? (yes we could look it up online but that's not the point. LOL)

You are right1! Haven't thought about it, shall uploading that tomorrow (it's late on this side of pond now).

One more discovery, the packaging box from MGM is very very good cat house! The size and the padding, the cats love it and sleep in there since I got it this morning.

I also have the Ohana SK-35. Love it, and yes, it sounds and plays awesome. Also getting a solid mahogany Uke for under $200 is a plus..

That is an absolutley awesome uke you got yourself... one of my fav's! This model is proof that you can get a high quality, awesome sounding uke for a good price.

Congrats!

My cats also love the uke boxes. I've decided they can't have anymore because I figure I will eventually get to the point where I am trading ukes. My cats like the brown paper some people use to ship things.

Congratulations on the buttery new uke. Isn't it thrilling!

A uke in Ireland. Couldn't be a better mix. Love the country. Even better with ukes in it.
I took one with me on my last trip to Limerick.

Enjoy it!!!
Cheers,
Skottoman

Congratulations, Alicecat. The SK35 is a splendid uke. Mine is one of my favourites (I have a "harem" of sopranos). I made my cat a hide-away from old fish boxes!

Enjoy your lovely new uke.

John Colter.

I absolutely love this uke - I have the same but in gloss.

Top Bottom