One of the Finest Ukuleles Available

Wow, the tone is great. You had to of had some help with the mic and reverb to capture the tone for this video. May I ask what your recording setup was on this video. What recording device and mic was use? Was the reverb added when editing the video? etc... Really nice uke and video...thanks for sharing..e.lo...

I highly disagree, and are we now allowing bloody canoes on UU. (Advertising)
There are plenty of UU members on here that have their own commercial interests. I see none of them self promoting like Larry's.
On top of that they are way over priced and their audio samples are over processed.
I'm a big fan of Koaloha but "no uke built comparable"? Give me a break with the hype. All you can really say is this is what they sound like with a good mic and some delay/reverb.
Perhaps a little harsh but I don't appreciate the spam.
Can you imagine what it would be like if everyone used this forum to promote their commercial interests?

There are plenty of UU members on here that have their own commercial interests. I see none of them self promoting like Larry's.
On top of that they are way over priced and their audio samples are over processed.
I'm a big fan of Koaloha but "no uke built comparable"? Give me a break with the hype. All you can really say is this is what they sound like with a good mic and some delay/reverb.
Perhaps a little harsh but I don't appreciate the spam.
Can you imagine what it would be like if everyone used this forum to promote their commercial interests?

None of them self promoting? Are you suuuure? :D
If you look at the other videos he's posted, he uses the reverb for all the ukes he uses for comparison as well. Meaning he gives all the ukes a fair judgment.
In response and treble, Koaloha is definitely a top notch instrument. The brightness really cuts through. The way he put it is his opinion. We all have our own opinions.
Spam? He posted this in the video section. It's a video of him playing his ukulele and never mentioned in his post for you to buy anything. Only to check out and listen to the instrument and offered his opinion on it. Unless he's talking about free iPads; it's within the guidelines of the forum (Although a free iPad would be pretty sweet :3)
A bunch of us has used this forum for commercial interests. Whether it's to promote a show, CD, band website, videos, it's all been done.

Keep the harshness and negativity to a minimum 'kay?

One love,
Aldrine

There are plenty of UU members on here that have their own commercial interests. I see none of them self promoting like Larry's. On top of that they are way over priced and their audio samples are over processed. Perhaps a little harsh but I don't appreciate the spam.

I highly disagree, and are we now allowing bloody canoes on UU. (Advertising)

Guys, I think you are being a little hard on Sam. He is one of the nicest guys around, and actually, if you visit his store, he is very low pressure for a salesperson. I was in a couple of days ago, and played around with a KoAloha that he agreed to hold for me while I made up my mind. I ended up deciding not to get it (more a function of finances than lack of desire) but he is a wonderful guy.

Plus, is it still spam if UU is officially partnered with him on the combo website ukuleleuprising.com?

And for the record, he is right...it is a great ukulele. :)

Yeah, I would have to go with "She Who Will Not Be Named" too. Lots of people are on the forum stating that this or that uke is the greatest. I do understand that Sam works for Larry's but there is nothing in his post that says you have to buy it from him. I'm not sure how much different that is than MGM stating he has a new uke or case for sale. I think they are just passing along information and its up to each individual if they would like to purchase the product and whom they can purchase it from.

We have individuals selling their personal ukes stating the uke is the greatest uke in the world. I have no problem with that. If someone said, "This is a great product, buy it from my store." I would have an issue with that.

Last edited:
I dunno....I come here from stuff like this. It's not like he posted in every topic....

Nice sound. Yea, Koaloha!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom