Newbe on the prairie

pete1030

Reaction score
Started with a $39 stinker off Amazon then spent a few hundred for a beauty from Musicguymike - a Kala tenor that really sings and so I am plucking and strumming away. I played a trumpet as a kid but never a string instrument, it is so different. I don't know when I'll ever do a youtube, I mean, I am having fun but transitioning from chord to chord is very clunky for now.

Are there any uke players in Independence, Kansas? I would like to spend some time learning from a better player. We have an "open mike" thing locally that I am wanting to be ready to perform at this September and I think I will be able to do something beyond Row, Row, Row Your Boat by then. Maybe not Tiny Tim but something respectable. This is an excellent site and I appreciate all that everyone who contributes to it puts forth, thank you.

My sore fingers dictate how much practice I can put in so until I build up some endurance I'll just keep at it. I got the DVD by Roy Sakuma and it is very helpful, I also spend a lot of time watching Aldrine and others on Youtube. Anyway, thanks everyone.
Pete

PS #3 ukulele is coming in the mail.

Thanks for posting those links, Russ. Welcome to the boards, Pete! Sore fingers = happy ukulele.

Now I'm on the MAP

Thanks for the links. I am now listed on the map, we'll see if any closet uke'ers make themselves known.
Pete

welcome!

wow three ukes and your just starting.

I wish i had that kind o money.

lol

Top Bottom