Makore concert

dave g

Reaction score
tn_135-05.jpg

http://www.wsukes.com/135/u135.html

You KNOW you are evil...right? *sigh* Well my tax refund had to go for Something! Hope it stays available a couple more days!
:drool:

Thanks! :)

I'll be making several more of them - got a BIG hunk of wood!

Breathtaking ukulele you've made there. You describe as loud with sustain. Is it all bright, or is there some low end in there too?

Edit: ah nevermind. Used the sample link to check it out. Yummy.

Last edited:
Dave,
I have been looking at your work with wanting eyes. I have a few questions.

First off, your prices are great. Are they close to the same if I request a specific shape and type of wood or to customs run more?

Second, one thing that a lot of fluke and flea players rave about is flat bottom on them so it is really easy to just have it sit on their desk. As I looked through the shapes you have made, none have anything close to a flat bottom. Have you ever considered trying to make such an instrument?

Third, this may sound a bit crazy, but if a person provided you with some wood they found that they really like, might you build that into their instrument? For example, if I found a piece of 300 year old mahogany somewhere, could you plane it down and use it for the neck or top? It might be cool to have an instrument with a story behind it.

I am just kind of dreaming right now. I really like the idea of a custom with a story over a manufactured cookie-cutter koa uke.

Mike
<><
ukuDaily.com
All things ukulele, daily.

Dave,
I have been looking at your work with wanting eyes. I have a few questions.
Mike
<><
ukuDaily.com
All things ukulele, daily.

I've done one with a flat end: http://www.wsukes.com/131/u131.html It's a little tippy standing on it's own, but it leans against the wall on a shelf pretty well :)

Anything is possible - email me - dave at waverlystreet dot com

Top Bottom