I Don't Believe It!!!!

Timbuck

Reaction score
I just went to the local Post Office to mail off a Soprano uke to a customer in the US...The Manager got out a tape measure and told me that the box was too long by 2 centimeters..I'm told there is now a 600 mm max length on royal mail packages for overseas delivery....I managed to slice a bit off one end and then it was accepted..So if anyone wants a Tenor uke ..they can keep on wanting.

omg really?! That's crazy! They won't even allow the package to be sent if it is over 600mm for a rediculously price gouged shipping fee??? Are there any other alternatives to shipping than the normal post office like UPS or anything? I've never had to deal with international shipping so I don't know if we have any limitations here in the US... I'm sure if UPS will do it, it will be an insane shipping amount anyway!

Believe me, the US is worse! They are fiends when it comes to regulations and even worse when it comes to damaging goods. The only three insurance claims I have had in my 16 years doing this have been against the USPS! It took time but they paid out every time.

The combination USPS and German postal services is sooooo bad, it's unbelievable. We had a package sent to us that took 4 weeks to get through customs then arrived in Hamburg and the German post office sent it back with "No such address" just because :stop: "ze haus number vas in front of ze street name" :wtf:

Top Bottom