Travelling with ukulele

Nuts to that shizz. I say we just start a thread and post our own pics here. Who knows? Maybe it'll become its own sub-forum.

I love the ukes around the world concept. You see, I got serious about my uke, because I needed a good travel instrument. Now, all I have to do is take my soprano ashore with me for photo ops. Maybe soon we see the Suez Canal, Singapore, and Sri Lanka?

--Dave E.

if i am travelling with my soprano, can i hand carry up the plane or i have to check in? And if i check in my soprano, is it advisable to have my uke in a hard case? thanks!

if i am travelling with my soprano, can i hand carry up the plane or i have to check in? And if i check in my soprano, is it advisable to have my uke in a hard case? thanks!

NEVER check-in your uke. The baggage compartment is no place for a uke. I keep my soprano in it's cheapo original paper case and stuff that into a small backpack. A little bit of the neck sticks out, that's okay. That rig always gets viewed as my one "personal item.". Sneaky but effective in keeping my uke close to me.

--Dave E.

NEVER check-in your uke. The baggage compartment is no place for a uke. I keep my soprano in it's cheapo original paper case and stuff that into a small backpack. A little bit of the neck sticks out, that's okay. That rig always gets viewed as my one "personal item.". Sneaky but effective in keeping my uke close to me.

--Dave E.

Hahaha

THanks! i will do exactly that!

Have you travel like that with a concert? I think its still fine ya? since its not much bigger in size

Yeah, I've travelled by car with both my soprano and my concert. With my soprano I put it in it's gig bag that it came with and shoved it into my laptop bag, a bit of the neck stuck out, but no problem. I have a hard case for my concert, so I just put it in that and loaded it into the car.
Never tried travelling with them by plane, though.

And about the photos, we should make a thread here! Sounds like a fun idea.

this does sound like a fun idea.

on travelling with instruments by plane, i think depends on the size of the plane. i took my bassoon to japan a few years ago and had no problem getting on with it as carry-on (except they took my needle-nose pliers i use to make reeds). a tenor in a hard case is much smaller and i doubt would be any problem.

I still travel with my concert koa in a gig bag, but a good one made by Steady-20+ mm lining & keep an eye on it above me in the overhead. Leaving with it again tomorrow-same thing. I am going to Europe this fall & hope to get my concert DOUBLE gig bag on with my carry-on bag, anybody out there had this experiance?

Top Bottom