Why

Sambient

Reaction score
are felines so determined to "help" me when I'm putting on a new set of strings. Sigh.
I remind them sometimes that in the past cats were very involved in the strings of instruments, and that it's best that they not be part of that.

Mine do that.

I keep telling my 3 legged cat I'm going to cut off another one if he keeps it up.

My cats really like it when I play "I'm looking over my dead dog Rover".

I used to have that problem as well. I always changed guitar strings on the (carpeted) floor. Then our beloved cat crossed the rainbow bridge. We were cat-less for many months until my father-in-law died and we "inherited" his cat. She hates music and at first would slither out of the room and go hide under the bathtub when I so much as got out my guitar. She's come to be a bit more tolerant, I don't think the uke bothers her as much as the guitar, but she has no interest in string changes at all.

I still miss Jerome a lot. He loved classical and would sit in from of my music stand and sway with his eyes closed when I played. :(

Hmm, my cat never did that when he was around. I guess I got rid of him in time.

Our cat likes to sit and listen to the ukulele. Even if he is outside on adventures, he will scratch at the door to come inside when I play.

I never change strings around him.

Jeez my cat hates it when I play music. If he's in a closed room with me and I pick up my uke or guitar and start playing he will start crying and crying to be let out.

Maybe I just suck haha

One of my cats loves all strings instruments. He sits in front of me and stares. I think he likes the guitar more. He seems to be happier when I play a guitar.

My cats love uke and guitar cases. They think they're cat beds and leave their fur on them.

Oh yeah, if I leave my acoustic guitar case open he will go sit in it, till he starts squirmin around and the lid flops down.

Our cat loves it when we play our ukuleles. She thinks we're serenading her. She even has a favorite song. But when I start playing harmonica she gets annoyed and stalks off.

My cats were afraid of my ukulele at first and now they are pretty indifferent. They stare at me whenever I take it out of the case, and go 'oh man...' then continue to do what they were doing.
It would be a totally different story with other hobbies of mine though = knitting, they sleep on ball of yarn, can't pull out yarn from ball! Crochet, stare at the flying hook and want to bite it! Spinning, think it is cat toy and start jumping around.

are felines so determined to "help" me when I'm putting on a new set of strings. Sigh.

The same reason that they always want to help when changing sheets on the bed. They want to be where you do not want them. They are brilliant that way. One of my two cats, I practically have to shut her in a different room when I change strings, because she gets so fired up wanting to bite at the dangly ends of them.

The same reason that they always want to help when changing sheets on the bed. They want to be where you do not want them. They are brilliant that way. One of my two cats, I practically have to shut her in a different room when I change strings, because she gets so fired up wanting to bite at the dangly ends of them.

Oh my cat doesn't want to play with the sheets, he wants to get UNDER them, so it doesn't bother me too much, I make the bed over him and he just sits in there for a while enjoying himself, he comes out when he's done.

My cats will "help" me with anything remotely string-like. :D
They don't seem to like it when I play piano too much, and ukulele I think they get jealous and want the lap space. Overall, though, they're pretty neutral. I love cats.

Top Bottom