Koaloha Imaikalani ukuleles

pulelehua

Reaction score
Has anyone heard one? I'm really interested to know what they sound like, but there don't seem to be any reviews, videos or anything.

And if you've played one, how are they for fingerpicking? I can imagine they might be quite a beast to get single string sounds out of, and it might be odd switching between doubled and single lines.

Thanks in advance to the wiser and more worldly.

I saw that Jack Johnson used it on his latest cd.. If Jack Johnson uses it I love it! Ha but other than that, I can't seem to find much about it either..

I'm out of the loop, I guess. What is it?

George posted something about it on his blog ukuleleghetto. I think it was on his future uke list.

It's a KoAloha 6 string . . . .

Imaikalani_006.jpg

I played a Black Label Koaloha 6 string once. I was not really a fan of 6 strings at the time but that thing changed my mind. I really only strummed it for a little bit but it sounded amazing and was real easy to play. I think it would take some practice to get good at fingerpicking the double strings, but people do it. I really wanted to buy it but did not have the $$ at the time. I think it is still at the shop. MGM used to have a couple, he either sold them or has not listed them for a while due to lack of intrest.

If you want to know how they are for finger picking I would suggest getting a import first, in case you don't like the 6 strings.

Top Bottom